The silence and the sea.

The silence and the sea.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

June days poetry number nine.

"

The silence and the sea.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"We need to listen to the sea, the wind and rebirth each day hopeful and ready."  

                                    The silence and the sea….


Blessed is the man that knew regret and he learn from it.
Lucky is the man who loses the emotion of rage,
learn to live in the splendor of celebrating each new day.


Old man baking in the hot sun by the Seaside beach.
Watching the glistening sea dance upon the morning shore.
Drinking coffee and waiting for a reason to write.


He watched a young man walking alone.
His head lowered, eyes detached to another place and time.
Roaming the beach looking for answered that can’t be found.


The old man asked the man.
Sit and drink some coffee. Release the weight off your feet for a moment.
The young man looked betrayed. He wanted silence today.
He said not today. I need some silence and the sea today.


The old man smiled.
Told him. Allow a old man to tell you a story.
Better to swim in another man grave than to have concern for things we cannot take back.


The young man sat down and accepted the coffee.
Asked the old man. You can’t return to the places you left in shambles. People cannot
forget your arrogant thoughts and needs.


The old man by the sea smiled. Told the man. Looked at the sea. Changes by the second.
Life is hard and  no-one is perfect. You can seek forgiveness and change. Mercy of forgiveness
is hard to receive. We must be like the sea. Move and flex and become better.


The young man closer to tear asked. What can I do to feel alive again? I killed love
and friendship with lies and rage. I left a exquisite and beautiful woman alone to
cry for a useless man.


The old man smiled and he told the young man. I will teach you meditation today. It is the best way
to clear the head and allow you to find the right way back.


The young man thought the old man was crazy. He followed the steps with care.


Put the right foot into knee. Never use the left foot. Create bad dreams.
This meditation is good to find rest in the night also.
He told the young man to lay on the sand.
To close in his eyes.
Put the left foot into the knee.
Take 10 deep breathe. Hold each breathe 10 seconds.
Hold the last breathe.
Think about the bad things. All of them.
Let them built up.
The young man started shaking. The built-up of stress and disappointment
making his body want to explode.
Release the breathe.
The young man looked relieved. He asked was the old man a Doctor?

The old man smile and told him. We are not done yet. Now take 5 deep breathe and hold them 5 second
each. The sixth breathe hold it and think of the positive things.

The young man face had changed.
The old man smiled and told him to release the last breathe and clear the mind.
Only allow good thing in. Keep your eyes shut and listen to my words.

Mercy come from within. Leave the shallow grave and go back to the woman waiting.
Beg for forgiveness and learn. A wise man learn from regret and hold on to real love.


The young man heard the silence of the beach and saw the dancing of the powerful waves.
The old man was gone. He left a book. The old man and the sea. He opened the book and it
had a note.


Life is long.
Mistakes are many.
Youth is like wine. It can become more sweeter or bitter with time.
Don’t need to pray for the dying.
We need to rejoice for the chance of a new day.


                             Coyote

© 2021 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is so good, Coyote. We cannot take back what is already done, but raging at the past does no one any good.
We need to find acceptance with others and ourselves as well.
Maybe Dylan Thomas was not entirely correct. Maybe it is okay to go "gentle into that good night" after all.
j.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Good to go gently into the night Jacob and thank you for reading and the comment.
Patricia Wedel

2 Years Ago

To be forgiven by the Sea is so peaceful... as the waves carry our regrets to far away places... nev.. read more



Reviews

This is so good, Coyote. We cannot take back what is already done, but raging at the past does no one any good.
We need to find acceptance with others and ourselves as well.
Maybe Dylan Thomas was not entirely correct. Maybe it is okay to go "gentle into that good night" after all.
j.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Good to go gently into the night Jacob and thank you for reading and the comment.
Patricia Wedel

2 Years Ago

To be forgiven by the Sea is so peaceful... as the waves carry our regrets to far away places... nev.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
1 Review
Added on June 13, 2021
Last Updated on June 13, 2021

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing