Wandering soldier..

Wandering soldier..

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

June poem number thirteen.

"
                         Wandering soldier..
The wandering soldier, he loved the sin, he loved the gin and he wanted a good death. The wise soldiers know life don't wait for you. You must seek life, know the jest of love. Love is the hard lessons, most of us will learn too late.

Men learn too late, life isn't war and love near. A miracle. The old soldier learn the past is gone and cannot be caught again. The new days must be celebrated, tomorrow is far away.

Once upon a time on Mount Rainier ridge. He told the prettiest gal in his world. You are my ambrosia, your kiss is my elixir of joy. Please stay with me and we can create a canvas where love is us and war is just myth and tale. We will allow the enchantment of love to heal our mind of disappointment.

He loved her so and he wanted to dwell in her eyes forever. He knew the soldier's sin. Finding new wars to fight, long separations and losing kind ladies in the confusion of a messy life.

Now the tavern poet  told the girl with the painted face. You are a beauty and please show me your real face. All of us had sin and sin some more.  Maybe the fallen must find comfort in the dark taverns?

She laughed at his words and she told him. You damn poets love to whisper promises in the darkness and you damn soldiers believe all things can be forgiven. No, my lover. We are here, just to swim in s**t and piss. Accepting less, drinking more. It is okay Johnnie. The Purgatory Inn accept all. Let's dance and sing tonight and we will be brave till the end. Better to dance, sing loud and drink more. Maybe we find peace. A soldier's love is a empty life. You love the wrong things and you learn too late. Our last sin, dying alone.

Coyote


© 2021 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews



... a compelling post .. pulling no punches and with lots of emotions .. certainly more than enough to go around ... and take it from me my friend .. painfully good Johnnie C ..

Neville


Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you Neville. I appreciate the comment my friend. Some people learn too late. They need love ne.. read more
"We are here just to swim in s**t and piss." While not sharing the lady's choice of beaches, I do agree with some of her later quotes. We must drink and dance as much as we can, for nothing is guaranteed. Not for soldiers. Not for anybody.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

You are right my friend and thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 20, 2021
Last Updated on June 20, 2021

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing