Lest we forgot

Lest we forgot

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Good song and some words.

"


                   Lest we forgot


My old bones are sore, my eyes are weaker and the whiskey taste harder tonight. I ain't searching for Jesus, I ain't searching for the Devil. I have found both and I learn. I am standing alone and every decision I made, every deed I did. I did, because I wanted to.


Today last year man sit alone. Looking at Lake St. Clair and he told the lake. Thank you for leading me home. I am 10 miles from my grandmother old house and I did okay. I have four strong children, five grandchildren and I pray one day. I can be with my dear grandmother and she will tell me. Baby, Johnnie. You did okay.


I have forgotten more than I can remember. I look at old photos and I know, I was blessed with the hell-bound road leading me to a peaceful place. War taught me. Men are the same. Just fighting for old men who don't give a dime about us. Children are our wealth. 


Real wealth is love near, the laughter of children and long vacations. I ain't searching for forgiveness. I made my bed and I will live in the bed I made for me. Today I obey my grandfather wisdom. He told me often. Speak less, listen more. Never leave with negative words or anger. All of us need a kind voice and place to feel safe. Don't be the teacher, be the friend.


I ain't looking for Jesus, I ain't looking for the Devil. I am just doing my best to be kinder, be easy on the people who need a kind word. Love, my friend. Easy to give and we can save another. Thank you for reading my friends.


                        Coyote

© 2021 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

much wisdom is found at the feet
of those before us; our elders ..
your grandfather was truly a wise spirit
and influence in your life ..they tell us the
words to guide with good intentions
being kind is a true virtue.. I ain't looking
for no devil ..love that..

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Hello dear Fran and thank you for reading and the comment. If you look for the Devil. He will find y.. read more
  Fran Marie

2 Years Ago

I'm sure he would
you're so welcome John



Reviews

yes, at our age we have found both...and we have forgotten more than we can remember.
so true, my poetic friend. And I do believe kindness will put you, us in the right place.
j.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I agree Jacob. With old age. We try not to repeat the same mistakes again. Thank you for reading and.. read more
Your Grandfather was a very wise man and you do well Coyote to live by his wisdom. War is futile, no one wins, and we should all learn to be kinder. As for children, they are the future and that's where I invest most of my time these days, with the younger generations. Always a pleasure to read you.

Chris

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you dear Chris. I try to be like my grandparent. Our children need to know. They have a place .. read more
Thank you, CP, for sharing your words with us here. We are wiser for them, my brother.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you Carlos. I appreciate the kind words.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

232 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 15, 2021
Last Updated on July 15, 2021

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..