Miss you, need you...

Miss you, need you...

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"
                                   Miss you, need you
I am drinking alone beautiful Coco. Somehow I forgot where Texas was and I am so damn lonely. I have called you at midnight, every night for a week. I left messages on your telephone and I just said. Miss you, love you. The war is over for me and I am home. If you still love me, I am here in Austin and I would never leave you this time. I can't un-love honey and if you need me. Please call me back and I will run back to you dearest Coco.
The tavern was dark and the music was good. The pretty waitress Susie asked me. Johnnie, Johnnie. Does Coco know you in Austin? She will be pissed-off if she found out you were in her city and you didn't say hello. She thoughts something bad happen to you. I told her. I called her and if she needs me. She can find me Susie and please another Long Island ice tea.
I wrote to my journal.
"Beautiful Coco. You were my Texas sweet tea, you were my Texas hurricane and I remember how you ran to me. Bare, smiling and you made me feel so damn alive. Your kisses, so sweet, so demanding and skin against skin. I felt your need to love me and I loved you so. I needed you so.
Do you remember me? I remember you. Tonight is my last stand in Texas. If you need me? if you love me still? I will wait till midnight and if you don't need me no-more. I will travel down highway 35 and never look back. Maybe love wasn't our blessing?"
Susie came to me and she hugged me. She kissed my forehead and she whispered. Coco is coming, she called and I told her. You were waiting for her. She told me. Make you stay till she is here. I told Susie. Thank you honey. She smiled, released me and I felt soft arms around me and I saw a beautiful woman with tears in her eyes. She told me. I am sorry Johnnie, I was in Dallas. She kissed my face, my lips and brought her body near. I told her. I thought you forgot me beautiful Coco. You were my sweetest dream, the only tender touch of love, I ever knew. Your beautiful face, your kind words and the memory of holding you near, kept me alive in the s**t of war. Do you still need me still?
I kissed the falling tears away from her face and she whispered me. Johnnie, Johnnie. You ain't going no-where no-more. I will take you home and make you feel safe. No-more war for you and I didn't forget you. You forgot me and I prayed you didn't die and you came back home to me. Please stay with me in Texas and we will find the sea. Make love till noon, drink less and create a safe place for us to be reborn. We will watch the sunrise and we will wait for the moon and the sun to kiss.
I kissed her warm lips and I told her. Your wish is my wish beautiful Coco.
Coyote

© 2021 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
"You made me feel so damn alive"... I liked that particular line. Yes, love and kindness is above everything else... One day we will be gone but sweet memories of love, benevolence and kindness will linger. It's true in everyday life as well... Thank you for sharing this sweet and beautiful write

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.



Reviews



they are not just any old words though are they Johnnie C .. there are some very memorable lines here comprised of words that adorn this page and perfectly strung together in your own unique style ..

N.


Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

No more wars for you, time to go home.
I wonder how many soldiers who came home would gladly go back, cos civilian life just bored them.
Mind you, all soldiers maybe going home, being replaced by robots, bloody frightening.



Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you Paul for reading and the comment. Some men liked war. My father did. I met few men who wou.. read more
I grew up in Texas. Nice poem / story. I like happy endings.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I was station seven years at Fort Hood, Texas. My best days of my life. I love Texas. The dancehalls.. read more
I'm not quit good at reviews but i felt the depth of this piece as it was telling an unsaid story waiting to be heard. I understood the piece, and i dare say that i was able to relate, so thank you for sharing this wonderful piece.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
"You made me feel so damn alive"... I liked that particular line. Yes, love and kindness is above everything else... One day we will be gone but sweet memories of love, benevolence and kindness will linger. It's true in everyday life as well... Thank you for sharing this sweet and beautiful write

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 3, 2021
Last Updated on August 3, 2021

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..