Blushing beauty stole my heart...

Blushing beauty stole my heart...

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

True love can save us from ourselves.

"
                          Blushing beauty stole my heart...

The drunk poet, he loved the noisy Austin taverns. He liked the people who had fallen and they liked silence over worthless words. The sameness of faces made him feel safe.

He came to Austin for the three days poetry reading near the college. He had read for three days at the Yearly Austin poetry reading. He was the permanent back-up reader and if someone failed to appear. He would read his work. The kind college students liked him. He didn't bother no-one and he would listen all morning to the poets. Always showing gratitude for them. Today in the morning, a lovely girl, a blushing beauty told the listeners. My first time reading. Johnnie, the soldier poet made me brave. His words made my words seem worthwhile. Please be kind to me and my name is Lydia. She begin to read.

"Let me know silence,
let me know love.
Please allow me to be like a free butterfly,
flying freely to my safe place to rest and seek comfort.
Give me good days to dance and wander,
give me good nights to find the sea.
Sing love song to the stars and the moon.
Please allow me to hear the melodies of kind and sweet song.
Please allow me to taste freedom and to try to catch the wind.
Please give me good days to celebrate being alive."

All of us clapped our hands and Rebecca came to me and she told me. A AWOl reader Johnnie. Can you read? He smiled and he told her. Thank you dear Rebecca. I wandered to the stage and I sat down on a chair. I told them, my name is Johnnie and here is a poem for you.

"                                           The canopy

The soft chimes in the background,
create soft sounds and the sea was whispering secrets to me.
Only lovers can hear.

We have a canopy above us and the sun is kissing our faces. I told my love.
Please stay with me and we can stay young forever with the tropical sea near.
Let's create a utopia where love can live freely and our hearts can soar to the sky.
We can know joy, for we have found love.

She smiled and she told me. Dearest poet, we can't capture the wind and we cannot stope time. We must love with endearing and hopeful heart. Make the good days last forever and allow our love to bloom like the late Spring roses.

He told her. Thank you my treasure, my blessing. You are my first wish and my last wish. I will love you forever."

He finished and the listeners clapped and he sat down. He saw the blushing beauty watching him closely and she sat behind him. She reached over and she touched him softly. She asked. Do you want to shared coffee and talk today? He turned to her and he told her. Dear Lydia, I would like to but I don't want to waste your time. I am here for the poetry, to write and the Happy hour Long Island ice teas. But thank you pretty lady. You made me smile and my day better. I left her sitting alone with eyes of wonder. She was a pretty one, but my heart and mind was filled with war, dead brothers, hate and disappointment. I didn't want to teach the kind girl. Misery.

I was drinking my third Long Island ice tea. Three dollar till 10 pm. I felt eyes upon my back and I saw in the tavern mirror. Lydia, standing bare shoulders in a colorful cotton Summer dress. She was staring at me with beautiful dark brown eyes. I turned around and I told her. Hello dear Lydia. How did you find me? She smiled and she laughed. She told me. Johnnie, Johnnie. Cheapest and the best happy hour in Austin is here. I knew I would find you here.

He asked her. You have found me and what will you do with me now. She gave him a twisted smile and she whispered. I am a Texas gal, I don't like being tossed aside. Ain't I pretty enough for a drunk soldier? He told her. You are more than pretty enough Lydia. You are a Michigan boy dream, but a wise girl leave the dead to rest. I don't have much left. I write, I drink, I write and I drink some more. Love was never my wealth.

She laughed at his words and she told him. Johnnie, I could tell you stories that would make you cry. I like your face, a good face. Please quit drinking tonight and we can roam to the river. Drink coffee. Remember Johnnie, yesterday is gone and done. Let's find a safe place to rest and to talk. My brother was a soldier and he didn't come home. I see his face in your face. You talk like him and I miss him so. He looked at her and he saw tears fall from her beautiful eyes. She was a eternal beauty with a soft voice and tender heart. He asked her. Can you save me from myself? She smiled and she told him. Let's us frolic and dance by the Austin river. Find something to make us smile. Maybe we can create some good memories. Maybe you can save me?

She embraced him tightly and more tears begin to fall on her gentle and kind face. He told her. My brave and kind Texas lady. I will follow you and I hope. I don't make you sad. She kissed his face and she whispered. You won't Johnnie.

Dancing Coyote

© 2021 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

So much to enjoy about this one. Someone once said, either out loud or in my head that they only write when they are drinking, particularly absinthe. Of course, I love this because you mention Texas, and brown eyes are my favorite. I miss San Antonio's riverwalk, I've only been to Austin once to visit with a friend, but I understand it's a college town, I can imagine lots of young love taking place, hearts will be broken, but memories like your poem where a young lady soothes a warriors heart might be happening, even right this minute, i'd like to think so.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend. I loved Austin, Texas. I enjoyed San Antonio also. The people in Austin will .. read more
Corset

2 Years Ago

And deer that behave like dogs...everyday show up for the feedings



Reviews

So much to enjoy about this one. Someone once said, either out loud or in my head that they only write when they are drinking, particularly absinthe. Of course, I love this because you mention Texas, and brown eyes are my favorite. I miss San Antonio's riverwalk, I've only been to Austin once to visit with a friend, but I understand it's a college town, I can imagine lots of young love taking place, hearts will be broken, but memories like your poem where a young lady soothes a warriors heart might be happening, even right this minute, i'd like to think so.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend. I loved Austin, Texas. I enjoyed San Antonio also. The people in Austin will .. read more
Corset

2 Years Ago

And deer that behave like dogs...everyday show up for the feedings
A wistful story that paints a picture of love and longing ...
where flowers bloom and hearts sing of many moments to remain...
if only there could be a way to persuade a lovely maiden who
would accept his gift of love. tenderly, Pat

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you dear Pat for reading and the comment. In my travel. I befriended many. All of us need a ki.. read more
Beautiful ways of telling and remembering those good ol days dear poet and soldier. You had lots of experiences to share and keep them alive. You know how to pick too sir.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you Sami. Was a good day.
Sami Khalil

2 Years Ago

Wow! You are welcome Coyote of the desert...
I always enjoy reading your work friend! No matter sad or happy it always makes me smile. I love the emotion you always put into your work. As always such a wonderful piece!

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you dear Hayllie. I appreciate your kind words.
Hey there, I really love the pain written into this piece and how both Johnnie and Lydia have poems with some similar themes; which further creates a connection between the two.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend. We need more friends and more kind hearts to make us okay.
Love your stories, my friend...I think I would like to stay the age I am, forever.

that might be quite fun...the wisdom is helpful...but of course no more reckless abandon.
that has left me.


Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Never too late Jacob. Women, like us men. They want to frolic in old age too. Thank you for reading .. read more
I so enjoy the stories woven through your poetry my friend. They are deep in thought and past pain. Your writing strives to elicit emotion from the reader given them moments identifiable in their own lives. Relatable in our human commonality. Wonderful work CP, you are a prolific artist.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you Carlos. I appreciate the kind words.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 28, 2021
Last Updated on August 28, 2021

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Haiku #21 Haiku #21

A Poem by mattavelli


Escape Escape

A Poem by Chris Shaw