We don't want to fight no-more

We don't want to fight no-more

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

September poetry number twelve.

"

We don’t want to fight no-more.


Once brave boy believed war would save our world. The brave boy became a man. He fought for a Government who would forget him after the battles ended.


Once a soldier, now he seek peace in the shadows of loud old men in Washington who believe we need more guns and separation.


Today the man preaches for the song of peace. He told the young people. I put thousands in body-bags. Their face, were just like my face. Just men dying for the greedy men in this world who love hate and separation.

He told the children. No religion in war. Just men fighting till they can’t no-more. No-one will win and the young shall pay for the pretend wall of separation.


No mama or papa want their son or daughters to die for the cause of religion, oil and land. I ain’t marching for war no-more.


I am seeking the men and women of peace. I am so tire of war and I do not want my grandchildren to fight and learn.

No-one win in war and the profit of war are the rich contractors create by the death machine.


Today world. Dancing on madness and can we stop the madness.


I pray we learn. Every child in my world. Need a safe place to live, food to eat and opportunity to do great things. But the men of war screams cover-up the words of hope and peace.


Will the last man standing ask. Who won the wars? No-one.


Coyote

© 2021 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The passion and the way you wrote this feels brilliant, smart and full of wisdom. Each word feels so carefully picked to fit the poem and I can just really feel the passion in this piece. Thought-provoking and dark. It’s such an awful thing that some people hardly even realize how bad war can be because we’re so used to it. Thank you for sharing this piece! Brilliantly written.

Posted 2 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend. I am very tire of war my friend.



Reviews

Over half of my family was in the military, especially the men, I wanted to get in the Air Force but they wouldn't take me, cause of my eyes and I had a broken foot. Military needs more respect than what they are given.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I was a soldier and we follow direction. Now the new war like Vietnam. Many good men and women lost... read more
No one wins a war... it's a losing battle... no one will remember your valor, your efforts... the government spends too much money on war and .. and who is really paying for it?? Us! And what does it do? It divides the country. No one wants to die for oil or religion, but wars keep happening all over the world.
Nice work John.
Best, B

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you dear Betty and I agree my dear friend. Wars keep being birth and the children pay the pric.. read more
Betty Hermelee

2 Years Ago

Yes my dear friend… war is horrific…and who really wins? Best B
Thank you CP for these honest and much needed words. I have several family members who have served and not one has ever said their time in the military was worth it. As a matter of fact many dissuade their children to ever enlist because they have seen much of what you describe in this poem and are sick and tired of it. Thank you my friend for sharing your art with us.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

None of my children joined the military. I am telling my grandchildren. Education first. Please don'.. read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 21, 2021
Last Updated on September 21, 2021

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..