The Animal...

The Animal...

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

October poetry number twelve- Are we caged-up and we don't know it.

"

The animal.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"Who is the real loser in a war? Is there a winner?"


The prisoners may seem weak and controlled.   Their hope and their memory allowed the energy to endure great pain. Sometime the table can be turned. Will the prisoner serve the same medicine or forgive?

Revolution can backfire. When you destroy a structure build with old skills and honor. The new leaders maybe be weak and lack building skills and honor. A land can fall backwards and take decades to rebuild.

Children, woman and old people pay for the greed of war. Powerful countries don’t account for the dead civilians, cities or human rights. If the meek don’t stand together. They will fall and die together.

Coyote


“War is man’s sin. ”    John Denver


“Trouble no man about his religion-respect him in his view of the Great Spirit, and demand that of him that he respect yours. Treat with respect such things as he hold sacred. Do not force your religion on anyone. ”           Wabasha and Red Jacket, Seneca.


“May the great spirit keep watch over you and protect you always. ”                  Yellowtail.


The animal…


Feeling like wild animal, locked up in a cage.

I want to escape, but I can’t go over the wall. The damn wall.

I walk back and forth, till I sit and scream out.

No-one hear me or want to hear the screams.

They enjoy watching the beast transferred to a coma state.

They praise themselves, they have re-trained and killed another free and brave spirit.

But the beast is watching. Waiting.

I had saved my last bit of strength. I will kill the master.

and will eat their flesh slowly. Ensure they know the pain I have learned.

I will pray for one good shot of a rifle.

To free me from this cage.


Coyote

1982

© 2021 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading and the comment.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

If there is one things I have learned in my life, it is that peace is not possible on this earth. I awake every day, ready to wage war. But I understand the longing for peace, and how to have peace in my heart even when I have to fight. I think you are idealistic, dear Coyote, and I shed that skin long ago. But treating each other with respect? Absolutely. There is much too little of that going on these days.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I was idealistic dear Zoe. A very old poem. Written in the eighties and had the same meaning today. .. read more



Reviews

We pay for war in so many ways...money, religious beliefs, politics and our lives, and those who suffer because of it. Revenge is in our blood, but we must think of those whose lives are affected. War also destroys the land, the cities and the homes, impossible to re-build. But for those who are imprisoned in cage, that is no life at all. The heart needs a rifle, but will not engage. Thank you for sharing great poetry.
Best, B.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you dear Betty. I pray we work as one in our world. While we can.
Betty Hermelee

2 Years Ago

You're very welcome John!
War is for governments in search of money who see people as pawns in the game. Women, children and old people DO pay for the greed that is in the hearts of leaders.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I agree my friend and this is so sad. Thank you for reading and the comment.
Love the write and this part here
"War is man’s sin. ” John Denver... Love that it speaks of truth.
like Jacob said, so truthful as well

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you KayKey. I am very tire of war.
K writes

2 Years Ago

me too, I don't like war at all, it scares me so much
I don't find there are any winners in war....only those who lose lives, whose families lose members,
brothers who lose brothers ...
the real war should be fighting to love one another.
j.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I agree Jacob. A old poem and our world today, the same. Thank you for reading and the comment.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 17, 2021
Last Updated on October 17, 2021

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..