New Orleans

New Orleans

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

November poetry number nineteen.

"

New Orleans…

(For my kindest muses. Dear Allsion.)

I found you in the Jazz club dancing alone in a silky dress, closed eyes and moving bare feet. I watched you danced to the lonely jazz, your hips, legs and shoulders falling deep into the magic of the music. I observed you from a distance and I drank the Irish whiskey and I wrote to my journal. “Baby girl, dancing alone. Maybe sweet, maybe a lover, maybe the devil’s embrace. She knows, she needs only the soft jazz and men, were just in the way of her dreams.”


I order three fingers of Tequila and I looked into the Jazz club mirror. I told myself. Today you died in 2004, my friend in some s****y war and I drink alone. I raised the finger of tequila and I drank her down. I felt a soft touch and I heard a gentle voice. She whispered to me. Here in New Orlean in the midnight hours. We can drink with the dead and they will listen soldier.


I turned and I saw the dancing lady and I looked into her eyes, wild like the stormy sea. Thank you kind lady for the generous words. She took my journal and she read the few lines written. She smiled and she told me. I like being called baby girl, make me feel young and pretty. I like the bar poets and I like soldiers who do not seek attention. What are you doing in New Orleans on a Friday night alone?


I touched her face, my hands rolled through her long ginger hair. I told her. I love New Orleans. You can disappear into her and become invisible. I love the silence more than the noise now. I have become cold, so damn cold dear lady. My name is Johnnie and you are so beautiful, so kind to talk to me tonight. She laughed at his words and she told him. You are pretty too and I believe we need coffee and some eggs. I live near and my name is Allison, wasn’t New Orleans born, but New Orleans had stole my heart and soul. I smiled and I told her. Please raised the finger of tequila with me. My friend Don would of loved you. He loved those women filled with fire and who were fearless. She took the finger of the tequila, we touched glasses and she told the sky. To Don, we hope you had found a better place and we remember you. We drank the tequila down and she smile. She said, time to escape the Jazz Club. You need some TLC and I feel generous.


We went to her place, small apartment near the downtown. You could hear the music still. She brought coffee and some eggs. She sat between my legs. She laid her head into my lap and she sang a song.
“Was a man so brave, so handsome. He told his lover. I will fight war and we will marry when I return. You and I. We will dance and drink for a million year. The man returned, his body broke, his eyes dead, his mind scarred and he left her world with a shot of a shotgun. He left her a few words. I love you my sweetie, I love you so. I die on a battlefield and I am no-more. Please forgive me my love.”


He caressed her hair, her hair and her shoulders. He told her. Thank you for being kind to me dear Allison. She smiled and she told him. I will wash-up and be back in a second. He watched her walk away, her long legs, curvy body and beautiful face. He knew. Wasn’t for him. He lost the need for company and he decided to leave.


He went toward the door and he heard a voice. She whispered. Please Johnnie, stay with me. She was wearing a silk nightgown and the kind light allowed him to see her canvas of perfect body. He told her. Where would we be, if I stayed dear Allison? You are a man wish and dream. I am leftovers. She went to him, took him to her bedroom. They fell into satin sheets. He watched her eyes become more gentle and she undressed him. She stood on the bed, released her nightgown and she slowly danced to the sound of the jazz in the distance. He adored her feet, legs and moving breast. He caressed her feet and legs. She straddled him, rubbing her breast against him and allowing her hair to touch his face. He told her. You must be a dream dear Allison. I don’t believe I am with you tonight. You are a kind woman.


She smiled and she whispered. All of us had learn sadness, all of us had learn tears and all of us had learn loneliness. A fortune teller told me yesterday I would find my true love with the liar’s moon above. You and I. Just the same in many ways.


She brought her face near his face. Kissed his forehead, lips and neck. Her kisses made his sleeping heart awake. They fell into a wild dance of loan and borrow. He remembered salty skin, wild movements and demanding kisses. They awoke at noon and he caressed her face, her neck. She opened her eyes and she asked. Will you escape me or stay? I told told her. If you want me to stay dear Allison. I will stay. She smiled and she whispered. Today we will find the sea and I want you to write a million words for me. Can you do this Johnnie. He kissed her and he told her. I will write a million words for a beautiful and kind woman, you are.

Dancing Coyote

© 2021 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, such a wonderful write, love the imagery and detail. You bring this write to life

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you Lady K. I appreciate the comment my friend.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
1 Review
Added on November 28, 2021
Last Updated on November 28, 2021

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing