My last stand will be in New York City...

My last stand will be in New York City...

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

A re-write. Hopefully better.

"

My last stand will be in New York City.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"Two brother die by own hands. I dream of a place to find peace.”

"

My last stand will be in New York City…

I want to go to New York City….


I will sit on a park bench where Leonard Cohen sat with Joplin.
Whispering stories of things to come to her.
I wonder what he did to remember her in her death.

My soul has become so dirty.
I feel I would fall into the old city.
I become like her.
Full of secrets and hidden desires.

The woman are colder in New York city.
Warmer if they decide to allow you in to see.
Their permanent scars and tarnish view on love.
Leave me wishing to know all their mysteries and feel their hunger.

They dress in darkness.
I like my woman to wear black.
It makes me aroused. My mind and my body.

I want to roam the streets.
Be with the people at the lowest point in life.
I want to listen to their stories.
I don’t pity them.
I will tell them my stories.

I would sit in dark bars,
listen to the night people.
Perhaps dance in the twisted dance of passion and lust. 


I will sit on a bench.
My words would become complete.
I would flow with the city.
I would become the voice of insanity.
Perhaps sanity?

I will find my place.
I will go to New York soon.
To find my peace of mind.

                     Coyote
                  17 April 1994

© 2022 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading..

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i remember this one John. tho not quite as down and dirty if i recall correctly .. your second quatrain is killer says i! .. i am stripped bare with no pretentious lying to me self ... an appropriate place for such a soul ...every City has a row but these days the politics of distain for law enforcement and lack of support for it makes NYC a very dangerous place for anyone ... there is nothing there that calls to me i'm afraid .. your memories of it go back to a time when at least dreams still had root ... nice rewrite sir ...
E.

Posted 2 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you, my friend. I appreciate the comment.



Reviews

“I will sit on a park bench where Leonard Cohen sat with Joplin.
Whispering stories of things to come to her.
I wonder what he did to remember her in her death.”

Such exquisite bittersweet lines here dear Coyote. Your romance with NYC is palpable and your words breathe its music. I was born in East Harlem and Up until five years ago, NYC was my home- Bronx, West Village, East Village… Frank Sinatra’s song ‘New York, New York’ was played at my wedding. I share this because I feel you have captured in your poem, a New York that was and will never be again. It’s your song to her. Whether first stand, or last stand, we will always remember her with love and seek the inspiration that rose out of her mean streets. Thank you for singing her praises, and I will always join you in the chorus my friend. Excellent write.


Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I wrote a story for New York City on the site. "New York city lights." I spend three months on weeke.. read more
I don't remember seeing this one before. In my opinion, you've excelled at poetry and the art of expression, Coyote. Your poems are always interesting and your voice in words has only gotten better.

Great poem.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you, my friend. I must work on my editing. Get a book of poems published and short stories.
I prefer these lines from this piece to stick with me:

""I want to roam the streets.
Be with the people at the lowest point in life.
I want to listen to their stories.
I don’t pity them.
I will tell them my stories."

Nice work :)

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you, Mary Jain. I was lucky. I was station in Germany, and I fell in love with the old cities... read more
“My words would become complete”… possibly the best imagery written here. Absolutely brilliant!

Posted 2 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you, dear friend, for reading and the comment. I wished I lived in Paris in the twenties. Hemi.. read more
SM Davis

1 Year Ago

Indeed! Yes!! ❤️
Ecellent ! i thoroughly enjoyed reading this piece.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you Cheyenne for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
I've been to New York, Manhattan you could barely see the sky, just narrow strips between the rooftops, I'd like to visit again someday but I don't want to make my last stand there. The museum was amazing! The first and only time I've seen an original Van Gogh, It literally brought tears to my eyes to actually see his brushstrokes.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

New York city had everything. I was lucky and a kind woman befriended me and she showed me the hidde.. read more
This really intrigues me as my First Stand was in NYC.

Born in Bronx, there until I was 8 and half years old.

Many memories, still....and yes, the people in general...kind of cold and mistrusting...

just the way it was...is, probably will always be.

but an interesting city for sure, in many ways.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

New York City, many people and busy life. I liked the city. The people were kind to me. War haircut .. read more
The last time I visited NYC was more than 50 years ago. I recall it as a place of constant movement and many interesting sights and sounds, but I don't recall anything particularly peaceful about it. Of course, peacefulness, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

It is what you seek in New York city. Many places of beauty. Music, poetry readings and so many acti.. read more
The big apple..heard lots of
good things about New York
City..never been ..went through
buffalo NY once to get to
Niagara Falls..i can't imagine
finding peace there but rather
excitement..you poem is beautifully
penned .. Nice Work John


Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

New York City had everything. Central Park. A safe haven for people too and thank you dear Fran for .. read more
Wow. Those last two lines are something I've never read. I hear of plenty of people going to New York to find fame or fortune or to party or to attend game shows. But I've never heard of anyone going to NYC to find "peace of mind". It's often billed as "The City the Never Sleeps" in a nametag made popular by Frank Sinatra.
But maybe the author is escaping sleep to find his peace of mind? The street wanderers are generally talking to themselves so it might be more of a challenge to tell them your stories than to hear theirs. I've never harbored a desire for any big city. I like the mountains, the sea, the wide open expanse of blue or green where I can feel free. But, to each his own, so I wish you the best in the journey. If the crowds, traffic and smog can bring you peace, then I wish you nothing less, my friend. Bless.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Hello Fabian. New York City. Historic and filled with story. Look for the ancient places and the par.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 25, 2022
Last Updated on January 25, 2022

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Wayward Gypsy Wayward Gypsy

A Poem by Moonie


Gratitude Gratitude

A Poem by Chris Shaw