What have we done?

What have we done?

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

May poetry nineteen... And great song.

"
            What have we done?

Where are the peacemakers? Where are the gathering of people standing for love? Do the children believe, their world is safe and sound. 

12 active wars and six conflicts today. Where do the children go, when war is near? How many people are living day by day? How many wars, do we need? When will there be no wars?
"This is the way the world ends This is the way the world ends This is the way the world ends Not with a bang but a whimper."

New soldiers being are being trained to kill, more better guns to kill are being creative. Now we can kill from 3,000 miles away. But we still the have old sickness in some places, starvation everywhere and the men of war. They scream. Kill, kill  and kill till all the kindness is gone.

Years ago President Clinton send my unit to Africa three times. Food, water and medicine missions. Kindness, concern and helpful men and women. We helped who we could, befriended people, who saw the USA with different eyes. Not murderers, not warmongers.

I have put children and men/women into mass graves. Just people, who died of starvation and sickness. I saw the eyes of the men/women and children in Bosnian. Their eyes, a million mile stare to no-where.

I put my grand-daughter into her bed. I sing to her. My baby Mia, my sweetest girl. Grandpa will keep you safe, grandpa will keep the devils away. Grandpa will find a way. To keep you away from the hate.

Today the war-chants are loud and the cries of the children cannot be heard. The tear of the mothers cannot be seen and the men of war demand more death.

Today I stand with Ukraine and I pray for sanity for Russia. The great generation is almost gone. World War two. 85 million people died, 3 per cent of the world population in 1945. Do we want more graveyards, more dead cities and a homeless world. Today the men of war had create better weapons. The soldiers, just do clean-up.

White Lion song, just as important as in 1987. We have nuclear weapons that can destroy 40 miles of life. Bio weapons, a secret killer that can erase a whole city of people. We have chemical weapons that can kill areas leaving life and planet dead.

"This is the way the world ends This is the way the world ends This is the world ends. Not with a band but a whimper."

Where are the men and women of peace? Where are the peacemakers? A silence voice, a silent poet/writer accepted the world as-is.

What do we tell our children. When everything kind and beautiful is gone?

Coyote

© 2022 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Yes, much of the world is in a mess right now. Wars continue, like they have done for many centuries, only now we have the power and the means to destroy planet Earth! Will there ever be world peace? It makes you wonder! A powerful and poignant poem!

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

I wonder too Robert. USA can destroy the world 1500 times. How many times, do we need to? Thank you.. read more



Reviews

Make love, not war - such a beautiful piece about what’s happening in the world, very well written!

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. I agree, Make love, not war...
Yes, much of the world is in a mess right now. Wars continue, like they have done for many centuries, only now we have the power and the means to destroy planet Earth! Will there ever be world peace? It makes you wonder! A powerful and poignant poem!

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

I wonder too Robert. USA can destroy the world 1500 times. How many times, do we need to? Thank you.. read more
this is so moving....Kindness and concern, not more guns////
what we had professed in the sixties...."make love, not war!"

this really hit me this morning, Coyote,
thank you!

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you for reading Jacob. We don't want a world war. People had forgot World War one and World wa.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
3 Reviews
Added on May 19, 2022
Last Updated on May 19, 2022

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing