Mademoiselle.

Mademoiselle.

A Chapter by Coyote Poetry
"

Chapter one. I spend a week in London once. I read poetry at Hyde Park and befriended many.

"
Mademoiselle...
Once I sought peace in traveling and I needed cities to visit.  I was station in Germany and I could roam with ease to most of the free countries. And I did. I fell in love with London, Basel, Vienna and Florence. I went to Paris seeking the places where Hemingway lived and roamed. I wanted to find the places I could write. The city had turn cold and I believe. Hemingway would dislike the ancient city. She was a rich man city now and after two days. I escaped to London to write and for the good music. I fell in love with London last year. I saw the Clash in concert and the British people were crazy. I had a week left on a mini ten day vacation.
 I rented a room at the Citizen M. London Bankside hotel. Reasonable prices and close to everything. I left my car is Calais, France and I took a bus to London. I arrived at noon and I roamed to Hyde park and I found the Speaker's corner. I waited a short time and I read three poems. The old English women and fifteen years girls clapped for me. They were kind to me and the young girls told me. We love your work and I was thankful. I sat and I listened to the other brave readers. 
I felt someone sitting next to me. A pretty girl with a sweet smile told me. Hello. I told her, hello back and she told me her name was Gabrielle. I told her my name was Johnnie, a soldier station in Germany on vacation. She told me. I am a vacation also and I am from France. I liked your poetry and she shook my hand strongly. She told me. We love the poets in France. I told her. I went to Paris and I didn't see the bookstores or the poets/writers. Only rich people eating and drinking in the high priced city. 
She laughed at my words and she told me. Paris is just for the tourist. You must leave the old city and roam to the small cities. The small cities are still polite and friendly. You would love my home. Senlis. Good food and so many things to see and the people love to talk.  I told her. Maybe on my way back to Germany? I asked her. Are you a student dear Gabrielle? She smiled and she told me. Yes, I am in college learning literature and history. Maybe I may go into nursing? I would love to teach also. I haven't decided yet. I told her. Nurse or teacher, honorable things, you can be. I am just a soldier today. Maybe more later. I would like to write the great novel and to become a teacher also.
She asked me. Do you like wine? And I would be happy to share a bottle from my hometown with you. I told her. I do enjoy wine and I would be very happy to share with you Gabrielle. I asked her. Are you alone in London? She laughed at my words and she told me. No, I am with a group of French college girls touring the museums and I escaped the group to find something fun to do. I have always wanted to come to Hyde park, maybe one day. Be brave and I would read my work. I am glad I did. I met a American Hemingway.
I told her, not Hemingway yet. Maybe I can be like a Hemingway, become a good writer. Maybe you can be my Agnes? She smiled and she laughed at my words. She told me. So we will become lovers, I will leave you and I will break your heart? Will you make me immortal? I told her yes, I would. She talks about her life, her school and her friends. I watched her beautiful green eyes and her bare feet move in the grass. I loved hearing her talk, her French accent was so wonderful to hear. We drank the French wine from the bottle and she asked. Could I read to her? I told her yes. She reached over and she gave me a quick kiss on my cheek. And I whispered to her. I like you my dear Mademoiselle. You are very kind and you are very sweet. I read her two poems.

1- We can soar freely like powerful hawk into the morning sky.

We can stand on the great mountains and

we can dance with the clouds.

We can seek the sea and we can touch the sun rising from the east.

We decide our beginnings and our endings.

We must teach the children well and

teach them. You can do anything you desire.

Maybe we could believe again, like a child.

We can do anything and everything?

Let’s us soar with the powerful hawk in the early morning sky and 

let’s try to be brave again.

2- Shred the shadows of yesterday,

allow today to be like a April morning in the Spring.

Allow our minds and heart to grow like a Spring flower.

Be strong, be tall and reaching for God.

Let’s create new photos for the heart,

where we can know, many more perfect days.


She looked at me with happy eyes and she listened to every word. After I finished. She told me. The poetry was lovely and do you eat? I told her yes. And you can lead and I will follow you. She took me to a outside Café and we drank coffee and we ate some small sandwiches. We ate slowly and I told her about Germany and the Army. After we finished the food. She asked. Can you dance? Do you like live music? I told her yes and she told me. A open mic in the city near Hyde Park. We can meet at Hyde Park at seven pm and you can escort me. You must meet the teacher. We are allowed out at night only with a safe escort and I believe you are safe Johnnie. I told her okay and I am safe dear Mademoiselle. She smiled and she said. This is very good and I must leave. I will be here at seven and my hotel is London Marriot.

I arrived early and I enjoyed the evening hours at the Hyde Park. The movement of the people were slower now. The British seem to enjoy life and I liked their pace. Seemed more easy than the USA ways of running and rushing to everything. She arrived at seven pm exact. She was wearing a short black dress showing off strong tan legs and a beautiful smile.

I told her she was very beautiful. She touched her trimmed short hair and she asked. Are you ready to meet Miss Leonard? I told her yes and walked to her hotel. We walked a half-hour and at the entrance of the hotel. A pretty 35 years woman was waiting. Her eyes surveyed me from head to toe. She asked me. What are you doing in London? I told her. On vacation, trying to write and enjoying the sites of London Miss Leonard. She touched my high and tight haircut and she told me. She must in the hotel before twelve o'clock and she must check-in. I told her. Yes ma. She laughed and she told me. I know you soldiers can be wild. Please be a gentleman with Gabrielle. I told her. Yes ma and we left.

Coyote



© 2022 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on August 16, 2022
Last Updated on August 16, 2022


Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing