Mademoiselle..

Mademoiselle..

A Chapter by Coyote Poetry
"

Chapter two of a three-part tale. August new writing twenty-five.

"
Mademoiselle.
Gabrielle took my hand and she dragged my away from the hotel. She whispered. We must hurry, the music begin at eight-thirty. We left Miss Leonard standing at the hotel entrance and she held silence. Gabrielle was quiet and she held my hand softly and we walked into the city of London. We arrived at the club and many people, were already waiting. She told me, thank you Johnnie for bringing me here. The bands suppose to be, the best new bands in the city. How long will you stay in London? I asked her. How long are you staying in London? She told me. Two more days and I told her. I am staying two more days. She smiled and she told me. I am glad Johnnie.
I paid the 10 pounds each and we entered into a large room. Seats were on the walls and the stage was in the middle. Gabrielle was smiling and I found something to drink. The first band started to play. I returned to her and she took me the dance floor. The music was very cool. She held me close on the dancefloor and her warm body made me move with her body to the wild music. Each band seem to become better and she took off her shoes. The London kids were moving, jumping and raising cane. We tried to keep up. You couldn't talk and we drank a lot and we danced till eleven-thirty. It was fun, us and 300 kids, just accepting in the good music and everyone was happy.
We left at eleven-thirty and she held my hand tightly and she told me. This was my best night ever. Thank you Johnnie. I have been in London four days. Needing to have some fun and you made this night so wonderful. Can I see you tomorrow? I asked her. Where and when? what time? She told me, I am busy visiting museums till noon and at two pm, we can meet at the Hyde Park by the Speaker's corner. I told her. I will be there dear Gabrielle. At the hotel entrance, she kissed both my cheeks and she gave me a small sweet kiss. She told me. Thank you Johnnie for the wonderful night.
I went back to the hotel and I added two more days. I found a tavern nearby. I drank a Irish whiskey and a beer. I was happy to had met Gabrielle. I wasn't seeking a female in London. I wanted good conversations with the London men and women. I came for the Clash concert. I have learned. The English people knew how to party and I fell in love with the city of London.
I ordered another beer and I returned to my hotel. I liked the pubs in London. The English women loved my high and tight haircut. They would touch my hair and smile. A old man rubbed my head and he told his wife. Always good luck to drink with a American soldier. We laughed.
I awake early and I wandered the city. London is larger than you know. I would wander each day in a different direction. Trying new pubs and trying to find new restaurants to eat in. London was amazing and beautiful. The men were well-dressed and the women. So beautiful in their Summer dresses. I wrote some.
I arrived early at the Hyde park and I read some poetry to the old women, the tourist and the young girls. They were generous and kind. Clapped for me and I would thank them. I found a seat and I listened to the many brave women and men who shared their work. I liked the Speaker's corner. Had the feel of a ancient place and you could feel the spirits of the dead poets. I liked the music being played in the park. The men and the women played for coin. They were so damn good. 
I saw Gabrielle walking toward me. She was wearing a cotton colorful Summer dress and I adored how she walked. She had the walk of a classy French actress who could steal your heart, if she wanted. I asked myself. Did Hemingway ever fall in love with a French girl? Gabrielle was the first French gal to give me any attention. I liked the Italians girl best till today. In Florence, the Italians girls wanted to talk, dance and laugh. They demanded your attention. I loved Florence. The Florence people were very kind to me.
Gabrielle came to me and she gave me a big hug and she told me. I didn't think you would come today. I told her. The prettiest girl in London asked me to meet her. Only a foolish man would miss the opportunity to see a beautiful French gal. She laughed at my words and she asked me. What will you do with me today? I smiled and I told her. Your wish is my command Mademoiselle Gabrielle. Tonight I want more music and dance. I want to visit Bethnal Green garden if you are willing. I told her, today the Bethnal Green garden and tonight a large carnival. Suppose to be wild and crazy. Live music and many activities, we can enjoy. If you wish? She smiled and she gave me a quick kiss and she whispered. Thank you Johnnie.
I asked her. Are you hungry and she told me no. We took a taxi to the Bethnal Green garden. It was so alive, so beautiful. Gabrielle danced around to the blooming flowers and displayed of so many perfect roses. We spend two hours roaming the Bethnal Green garden.
We left the Bethnal Green garden at four-thirty. We walked to the carnival and she held my hands tightly. We saw the large carnival from a distance. It was amazing. A large Ferris wheel was in the center. Many oddity shows and rides of so many to do. Gabrielle was almost dancing before we entered the carnival. She hugged me and I loved the smell of the flowers of Spring in her hair and I bought two passes for the rides. We rode every dangerous ride and she would hold me tightly. We roamed the oddity shows and she didn't like them. She told me. No-one should be paid to be stared at. I adored her kind heart.
Around nine o'clock we found the music. It was Gypsy music. Harp and Violin. Gabrielle stood up and she forced me to my feet. We danced to the lively and wonderful music. I held her close and she whispered. Thank you for this day and this night. We left the carnival at ten pm and she told me. My feet are so sore. We found a place to rest and I told her, please put your feet across my lap. I took off her shoes and I caressed her feet and calves. She whispered. I didn't know you Americans were so kind and gentle. I told her. Gabrielle, I didn't know French girls were so sweet.
Coyote
 


© 2022 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on August 16, 2022
Last Updated on August 16, 2022


Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing