Cold blooded lover..

Cold blooded lover..

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

A old poem with a re-write.

"
Cold blooded lover..


She was a Irish beauty. Loved her whiskey and the dance. She had hair of fire and the temper of a untamed siren.
I went to her after she downgraded many suitors at the Monterey coffee shop and I asked for a game of chess. Her eyes tried to concealed her interest and she told me. Sit down if you please. I’m poor company and a bad chess players. I don’t like bullshit conversation and I’m not interesting in a date.

I liked her Book of Ernest Hemingway next to her. “The complete short stories of Ernest Hemingway .” I told I want little. I’m like you. I need little now and I do like your book.  Hemingway life was cool. He lived life without regret till the end. Death make us all know regret. She smiled and took my chess board. She spread the pieces quickly upon the old wood board. I knew she loved the game of chess. Chess is the game of people who liked new endings and new openings.

She led in the attack offense. I played safely, trying to extend the game and to hear her voice for a longer time. She smiled at me and she told me. I know you are playing possum in the game of chess to be near me. My name is Jenny and you make me laugh. I know who you are. You are the dark Poet name Johnnie who lead the readings on Tuesday here and at the Pacific Grove coffee house. Are you trying to seduce me?

I smiled and I wrote words upon a napkin. I gave to her and she read.

                 “Red hair siren..

She was damn in the hope of love. She regretted nothing and wanted little. Hard drinking and smoking lady who wanted her space without damnation. She had red hair of fire and voice of sweet angel. I told her. I’m aroused
by red hair beauties who attempt to keep me away..”

She smiled and she asked. How do you know I drink and love the whiskey Johnnie? I smiled and I told her. We have talks often at the Irish Pub.  I caught you at the end of the long night and we danced by the sea. You remember, you wanted to forget, you wanted to laugh and you wanted to have some fun. Beautiful Jenny took my hands and she whispered. Cold blooded lovers, they know how to drink and fall in the false veil of love. We can undress, discover every hidden scar and mark upon a body and know nothing. The fruit of love is for the few, not for us. Some of us like chaos and turbulent waters. Great safety in wanting and expecting nothing.

I took her hands. Kissed each one and I told her. People like us will be together playing chess at the Purgatory Inn one day. People who never know the wholeness of love and life. We will need little at the ending. Tonight dear Jenny, lets buy some whiskey and dance upon the Monterey beach. Lets trick the Gods. Make them think we are not afraid of life and laughing at their empty dreams.

Dear Jenny smiled and she told me. I ain’t cheap. The whiskey must be good and the night is long Johnnie. Please let us dance and drink till we can’t no-more. We left the coffee shop. Holding hands like old lovers. I knew Jenny was like me. Love have forsaken us but we have not forsaken love.

                            Coyote/John Castellenas

© 2022 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review



If my memory serves me correctly, I thoroughly enjoyed this magnificent autobiographical prose poem when it was first aired .. Now having read it again, I doubt whether I could possibly have enjoyed it the first time any more than I do now .. make no mistake all ye who follow in my wake, this is excellent poetry ..

Neville


Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you Neville. I need a year in Monterey. I need the sea.
Neville

1 Year Ago



I live by the sea but a year in Monterey would be really cool .. funny you should me.. read more



Reviews



If my memory serves me correctly, I thoroughly enjoyed this magnificent autobiographical prose poem when it was first aired .. Now having read it again, I doubt whether I could possibly have enjoyed it the first time any more than I do now .. make no mistake all ye who follow in my wake, this is excellent poetry ..

Neville


Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you Neville. I need a year in Monterey. I need the sea.
Neville

1 Year Ago



I live by the sea but a year in Monterey would be really cool .. funny you should me.. read more
Johnnie this was a a great write simplicity covering a very complex core. The metaphor of chess and life as well as the red headed woman and the fire she represented was intriguing. The simplicity that you used to tell the tale over such a complex structure was masterful. It was like reading Melville for the first time.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you Soren. I appreciate your kind words. Now I play chess with my eight years grandson. He sta.. read more
Such women are among the most beautiful ones. The whiskey just adds an extra edge, an extra dimension to their sparkling spirit. I'm so happy to read of all your special moments.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

You are right dear Divya. A woman decide what she wants or need. Thank you for reading and the comme.. read more
DIVYA

1 Year Ago

I appreciate your poetry very much! You're welcome always dear Coyote.
Two free spirits coming together. I love how you create this scene. Romantic and raw

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Madness bring the loco people together. I was station in Monterey for three years in 1991-1993. I lo.. read more
she was an irish beauty, loved her whiskey....god how i ache with the regret I never conceived of that line John. the ache and honesty of your writes are always a joy to read. happy to be able to get back and find some time to read. and to be rewarded with such a fine poem

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Good to see your name on the board Ken. And thank you for reading and the comment. I do adore the Sc.. read more
Well, John, once again you mesmerize me with your verse. Your narrative abilities are unsurpassed. I love the way you weave lyric ideas with a narrative. I would go so far as to say a couple of these stanzas are profound.

Love your work, John.

Winston

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you Winston for reading and the comment. I need a years In Austin, Texas. Maybe Monterey?
Woahh lucky guy if this is real and she accepted u after rejecting all others.
Flashing siren hair on a hanky makes me smile at this poetic hanky panky. Kudos!!

Plz also read and comment my newest poem too.


Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I learn years ago. Women don't want to be chased. T.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 4, 2022
Last Updated on December 4, 2022

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Trivia Trivia

A Poem by Chris Shaw