Unwashed memories..

Unwashed memories..

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Trying to write again.

"
Unwashed memories..
At the Purgatory Inn in Austin, Texas. No-one seek to save you, no-one is seeking salvation. Just leftover people finding peace in the whiskey and the sad country songs.
Pretty Sally, long legged Texas gal told me. I have watched you for three years. You believed you have won when the whiskey is good and you have surrendered when you begin to think. Maybe we need to drink more and think less. Please Johnnie, don't be sad tonight. Sally need to go dancing and I need a kind voice. 
I kissed her forehead, I kissed her face-cheeks and her lips. I told her. When you are near me. I know I had found the Texas gold. I know I am blessed to have a Texas beautiful rose near me. I do appreciate. If you want to go dancing, we shall.
She smiled at me. She kissed me once and she told me. Michigan soldier. I liked you for many moons. You look at me with love and kindness. I need someone to believe I am beautiful and worthwhile. She kissed me again.
I told her. Every Friday night for three years. You and I gather at the Purgatory happy hour. We drink and we drink till we forget what love can be?  I followed you home and we grasp at love. Sally, dear Sally. Are we seeking everything or are we seeking nothing?
She embraced me tightly and she whispered to me. I have love my Michigan man for three years. Your hands are gentle and in the morning. We share a meal. You demand little from me. If you wanted more. Maybe I am willing?
He looked into her beautiful brown eyes and he told her. You are a diamond dear Sally. I am so happy when you are appear at the Purgatory Inn and drink with me, talk with me. I love your tender skin and the softness in your voice. You are my lost hope in my messy world.
She smiled and she told me. Less whiskey and more dancing tonight. We can buy your Black Velvet at the Liquor store for later. We can drink the Black Velvet whiskey near the Austin river later tonight. We will dance for the Texas stars.
I held her tightly and I whispered. Thank you dear Sally. If I fall in love with you. Will you still need me? She smiled and she told me. Love, dear Johnnie, we have known. We have laid in a soft bed, made love till the sun appeared. I heard your whisper. You have whispered to me when I pretend to be asleep. Thank you dear Sally. I love you my Texas rose. I had loved you since you sat with me and you sang to me. 'Love was easier than I ever do again." You were my Willie and I was your angel. 
Johnnie ordered one more Black velvet whiskey and a beer. They touch glasses and he told her. Today we dance, today we sing and today we will hold on tightly. I love you Sally. 
And She put her face into my chest. and she whispered I love you too.
Dancing Coyote

© 2023 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think you must have been the Romeo of the night-life scene. I enjoy the recounting of your tender exploits. Great read.

Posted 10 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Months Ago

Never Romeo. Never lucky at love my friend. The night of the one night stands in the eighties. Peopl.. read more
Beautiful write John
I also love the music of this great musician 😀
Well done loved it John
I trust you are well !

Posted 10 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Months Ago

Me too. Their music was so good dear Julie. In my Texas days. The good drinking songs of the day. Th.. read more
Your message is always so powerful and so well presented. Another gem, Johniie.

Winston

Posted 10 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Months Ago

Thank you Winston. I appreciate the comment.
Nice read John. It’s funny the way you write always reminds me of how Elvis speaks in the movies chatting/ courting a girl/ woman. You Elvis impersonator you!

Posted 10 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Months Ago

Elvis was my music in 1977-1980. He is the King still of the music world. Thank you my friend.
andrew mitchell

10 Months Ago

I really liked Kentucky rain.
Coyote Poetry

10 Months Ago

I love his song. He could sing anything Andrew.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
4 Reviews
Added on June 4, 2023
Last Updated on June 4, 2023

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing