Mother didn't blink

Mother didn't blink

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Sometime in a life we must do the correct things to fix a problem.

"
                    Mother did not blink
 
(Abuser children and woman is not new.  We must have open eyes and educate to stop the crime. Fear and pain hide in dark corners. It  must come out and children/Woman  must have safe places to go to be safe.)
           
Big  sister came to me.
She was crying.
She told me Stepfather tried to touch her.
 
I got mad.
11 year boy anger can't do very much.
I went and told  my Mother.
 
Mother was cooking.
I went to her.
I told her what happened.
She goes to my sister.
 
My Mother face is frozen.
Her eyes do not blink.
She told me to stay with sister.
She went to the kitchen.
 
I sat with my sister.
She is afraid.
I told her it will be OK.
 
I went to my Mother.
She has the tea pot on the burner. 
She smiled at me..
Gave me a hug.
Kissed my forehead.
 
She told me to go to my room with my sister.
"If I hear a scream.
Stay in the room.
Don't come out."
 
She took the tea pot to my Stepfather.
We heard a scream.
The ambulance came and take my Stepfather to the hospital.
 
He told the police.
It was an accident.
 
He never tried to touch my sister again.
 
Mother smile.
Wrapped her arms around us.
"Whispers no-one will hurt my children."
 
"I will die for you."
 
                    Coyote
                 5 April 2009
                 

© 2011 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
My mother is a smart and kind woman. Somethings can't be allowed. This happen a long time ago. But the memory of a child is strong.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
This problem is more common than the word common. We as a society across the world tend to ignore and turn the other cheek to abuse of all types. That is how it is enabled to continue. Violence, sex, mental, physical. All of it is unacceptable, yet permitted? There is something that is, sadly, more wrong than the ones committing the crimes... us, society. Thank you for sharing such an important message, as all of your work is.

Posted 14 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

oh wow i would die for my daughter. If anyone tried to hurt her they would not be living i would do anything for my child. This poem was very inspiring.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

it's so sad that such things happen, but at least this turned out to be one of the better stories. It was an interesting write though, and I can imagine this through a point of view of a small child. Nice work~

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

childhood memories tend to linger on for sometime. I know... This poem could easily be turned into a story. I admire your mother... there are alot of women out there that would take the word of a man over their children. Very good write:) keep us coming back for more ;)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A wonderful poem. Things like this are so common now yet so awful. I know actually lots of girls being mentally hurt by their parents and I hate it so much. Anyways, a lovely poem. Well written.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This peice is greatly written and these people who abuse people deserve to be punished, because the pain in the victims never truly go away

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very strong, eye opening piece from you..

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yes, the memory of a child is strong, often the strongest thing that we can ever have. This was well-written, poignant...and well done.

xxoxx

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KL
The narrative told through a child's eyes makes the heart scream. The resolution in the poem, because of the precise childlike perspective, really drives the message home. Thoroughly enjoyed this one, in all its dark meanderings...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
powerful and disturbing but needs to be heard, well done for having the courage to write it

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2852 Views
110 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on November 22, 2009
Last Updated on September 30, 2011

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mercy Mercy

A Story by Coyote Poetry


Best Friends Best Friends

A Poem by Manda