The Water, Sky and the Earth.            chapter six

The Water, Sky and the Earth. chapter six

A Chapter by Coyote Poetry
"

Part six of four Native Americans looking for a reason to be alive.

"

                        The Water, Sky and the Earth  

                  Silent Bobcat/Dark Moon      Part six




         (Very few men or woman are born with the skills of education
          and the ability to speak. The eloquence speakers such as a
           Nelson Mandela. He can teach and hold our attention with words
           that lead our confused minds to the right road to be on.)
                                     Coyote



Early Spring of 1965. A Ojibwa mother water breaks. Her Mother and Father takes her to the hospital in Houghton, Mi. The usual home birth wasn't possible. The old man Dark Hawk watches the moon. It was a cloudy night.  He whisper it is a dark moon. He pray for his daughter. A silent prayer not to scare his wife holding her daughter in the back seat.


They arrive at the Houghton hospital. The daughter whisper to her mother Antoinette. "Please take care of my baby if something bad happens." The mother  whisper "she would be fine."


They wait in the corner. Two Ojibwa Native American. Very lonely in the white man hospital. The people who walked by looks at the dark hair and dark eyes people with dislike.
The Doctor had to do a C-section. Many hour later the Doctor came out with a sad face. Told them the young woman died during the birth.


The Doctor asks where the Father was?  Dark Hawk told the Doctor "He went to Vietnam eight months ago. No words in a long time."


Dark Hawk spread the unlit sage around the child.  He lights the sage. Blesses the baby girl. Tears are falling for his daughter. He sings to the night stars.


                       "Great Spirit
                       Protect my little bambino.
                       She don't speak much.
                       She was born under a dark moon.
                       Born with a broken heart.
                       My white Ojibwa princess."



He told the moon and the stars.
"I will call her Silent Bobcat.
Bright eyes and a sad heart.
Small and so beautiful."


Silent Bobcat is small compared to the other children. She is seven years old. Her skills in English amaze the teachers. She is reading at High School level. Writing poetry and stories at the skill of a college student. Her questions can't be answered by her white teachers.


She goes to the old Shaman. He told her great stories. All the other Ojibwas laugh. He told her keep her questions for him and Dark Hawk, her Grandfather.


The teacher Brett brought her Grandparent in for a conference. He told them she is gifted and needs better schools then what the reservation can offer. 


The Elders of the tribe gather. The old Medicine man told them "The child needed education and protection. He had vision of a child being born with the gift of knowledge and words. She needed the education of the Native ways and the world.


They decided for the safety of the child to sent her to Don Francis. He was a teacher out in the west who have taught the Naguals and Medicine men for 50 years. She would go to a private Catholic school to be taught many languages.


Don Francis would protect her and allow her spirit to heal and grow. The Grandparent agreed. Late one evening two Ojibwa people with a seven year old girl were on a Greyhound to California.  The deal was simple. The Grandparent must stay with Silent Bobcat.


Spring 1975

Quiet Bobcat takes the hand of Red Fox. She feels his pain. Her brown eyes look into his eyes. She whisper "We will learn to overcome our pain and sadness together."


The two walked into a large house. Art and drawings on every wall in the house. Don Francis told them. "My home is your home always." Antoinette come from the kitchen. She told them "Welcome and tells them I have flesh water and food." Silent Bobcat runs to her. Announces "This is my sweet Grandmother Antoinette."


After the meal. Dark Hawk came in and told them. "Welcome."


Don Francis brought the four together. He study them. The room is at the back of the house.
A large window to look out at the desert of Mexico.


Coyote asked "What can we learn to save  Earth? We are just kids with no directions." Silent Bobcat smiled. Stand up and dances around the room.


She told them. "The will of one heart can effect the mind and hearts of many. We are the seeds of the awakening of millions. Us Native Americans must awake our sleeping spirit and show the greedy and hateful men of the Water, Sky and Earth the way to live in peace with nature."


Little Wolf hugged Silent Bobcat. Red Fox puts his big arms around Coyote. Smiles and told them. We are ready Don Francis.


Don Francis burned the sage to cleanse the bad spirits from the room. He closed his eyes and begin to speak.


                            " Great Spirit
                            Protector of all living things.
                            Give us the strength and
                            Will to go forward.
                            Thank you Great Spirit.
                            For the blue water.
                            The green earth.
                            The great sky.
                            That allow us to live.
                            Thank you Great Spirit.
                            Please give us the strength to go on."



Chief Joseph came into the room. He told them. "Many skills and strength are in each of us. The control of the power of healing, dreaming and to know(Knowledge) can take 50 years."


"To become a Nagual. Oldest of all Medicine men takes a lifetime. The steps are difficult. You four are all different. Many gifts you already control and use. Together you can do great things. But I need a answer. You must decide with your heart and soul. If you want to take this journey. Can lead you to some bad places hidden in your heart and mind."


"Except for Silent Bobcat. She will go to school and be educated. Teach us and show us the way to help save the Water, Sky and the Earth."

                                  Coyote
        

       
   

 



© 2011 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
I would appreciate opinions and comments. Thank you.
Coyote

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have outstanding story telling ability. I'm really enjoying this!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"The will of one heart can effect the mind and hearts of many. We are the seeds of the awakening of millions." Those words say so much. The awakening...

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very fascinating story. I still feel as if I'm listening to someone telling this story as I read it. It's great. Lots of wisdom in it, I think.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1179 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 6, 2009
Last Updated on January 19, 2011
Previous Versions


Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Peace Peace

A Poem by Coyote Poetry