The Water, Sky and the Earth    Chapter seven

The Water, Sky and the Earth Chapter seven

A Chapter by Coyote Poetry
"

Nature is a gift we forgot to take care of. Need to be kind to old Earth.

"
Previous Version
This is a previous version of The Water, Sky and the Earth Chapter seven.



The Water, Sky and the Earth.

Little Wolf,  the healer.
                                  Part seven



                      It is my land, my home, my father's land,
                      to which I now ask to be allow to return.
                      I want to spend my last days there, and be
                      buried among those mountains. If this could
                      be I might died in peace, feeling that my people,
                      placed in their native homes, would increase in
                      numbers, rather than diminish as at present,
                      and that our names would not become extinct.
 
   Geronimo  
                       



Don Francis prepared the tarragon tea. He was feeling older and more tire today. The kids brought him hope and energy. He knew death was close by. He lived a good and long life. He worried for Silent Bobcat. She was so strong-minded and smart. She would need a lot of support and guidance.

He had taught many the secret of the desert. The natural cures were at-hand for all people willing to see them. The plants were for men and woman with wisdom to find and understand. He saw great wisdom and strength in little Wolf eyes. He hopes she had the strength and will to assist Silent Bobcat.


He saw the four in his dreams for a long time. He know Coyote was hard-headed and strong willed. If he got something in his vision. It would get accomplished. Red Fox swim in war and violence. The education of war would make him the peaceful one. Little Wolf is the calm. Her gentle soul will bring peace to the two men. Silent Bobcat was born under a dark sky. Her eyes don't hide the sadness. She will be the wisdom and hope.



Don Francis hopes and dreams the Native Americans would rise up and show the world
the road to living in peace with the Water, Sky and the Earth.


He had long conversation with Chief Joseph. They have known each other for over forty years. They took many long walks to discover what may lay in the future.  Chief Joseph was the dreamer. He fore told of the four native Americans many years ago. He saw the violence of Vietnam. Saw the wall of racism begin to fall down. Saw the great lakes and oceans being polluted. He saw in bad dreams the Water, Sky and the Earth slowly dying. Sickness and hunger would give man his final goal. Death of all human life.


Chief Joseph knew time was limited. He had a vision of four strong hearts. They would give the Native Americans the will to fight and lead in the protection of the Water, Sky and the Earth.


Don Francis was born to a Apache/Mexican parent. He was taught by a wise Nagual from the Yucatan Peninsula Don Carlos. Don Carlos found  him drunk and confused lost in the desert. He was sixteen years old. With a pissed off attitude and no place to go. Don Carlos took him in. Made him go to Mexico city to go to school. Taught him to respect the desert.


Don Francis sits and watch the moon rise from the east. He prays.
         Great Spirit
                        Be kind to a old man.
                        Give me more time on
                         the great Earth.
                        Thank you for another
                        good day to be alive.
                        Please protect my children
                        and all children.
                        Of this great Earth.
                        Give me wisdom and strength.
                        Great Spirit.
                        Please give wisdom to all
                        men and woman.
                        Thank you great Spirit.


Little Wolf awoke early. Don Francis ask her to take a short walk into the desert. They walk about a mile from the house and sit down. The desert was peaceful and calm in the early morning. 


He asks her. You had a hard and long journey. What will you do now?  She smiles and tells him. Chief Joseph brought us here. I don't know what to do next. Coyote is going to Korea. Red Fox  will be training Marines. I have no place to go. My mother told me to stay away for there was nothing left in  North Carolina. My money is running out soon. I must do something.


Don Francis smiles. Tells her years ago I left my home and a good man Don Carlos took me in. He made me go to school in Mexico City. He taught me to be a healer. He touched her face. Ask her. Would you want to be a healer?


She ask will you make me go to school? He smiles. Tells her to understand plants and nature. You must understand science. I would want you to go to college. She bows her head down. With sad eyes ask will I be Ok?


Don Francis wraps his arms her. Tells her life is long and very hard. We must overcome great mountains and barriers. But we must enter the fight to know great pleasures and be able to do great things.


At the house. Chief Joseph is making sausage and fry bread.


Little Wolf goes to Coyote and Red Fox. She tells them she was staying here. She ask them please return to me here. Coyote laughs and tells her. You are stuck with me my beauty. Red Fox hugs her. Whisper no-one wants a old Cheyenne anyway.


Silent Bobcat with a beautiful smile. Gives each one a hug. She tells them all. You are my family now.


                          Coyote
                          Oct 2009


            

               
 



© 2010 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
I would appreciate your comment and opinions.
Coyote



Reviews

This is very interesting and captivating.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very interesting story from a unique point of view.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think this is a great story but it's not finished yet. You've done a great job on this so far. Perhaps you'll do more. I really did enjoy it. It has a lot of offer anyone who reads it, I think.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 6, 2009
Last Updated on May 23, 2010


Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing