Just men

Just men

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

First job in country of Kuwait in 1992. Move the dead frozen bodies from Death Valley.

"
Previous Version
This is a previous version of Just men.



                   

 
(I got to Iraq. My first task was to move the frozen dead bodied of Iraqi  soldiers
 killed at Death valley.)


Listless and cold.
We move the frozen dead bodies.

 
Men who were slaughter by planes at Death Valley.
Air Force sent  them to their god and paradise.

 
Four soldiers doing what we are told.
Working in silence.


My mind opt. out of thinking of the bodies as men.

 
No-one tries to claim the bodies.
We were told to move the frozen bodies to a larger storage container.
Then it would wait for somewhere to be ship.


 
Four men discuss the task after.
Joe told me he wanted to pray for them.
He ask me does anyone care about these men?


 
I tell him somewhere there is a mother and
family who is heartbroken and sad.
They don't know if these men are alive or dead.


Guns and bombs don't give a s**t who they kill.


 
Joe forces us to pray.
He ask God to help these poor men on their journey.
He pray they can go home and find peace.


 We sit in silence.

 
Funny part after we pray for the frozen bodies.
We look at the containers with different respect and eyes.

 
We go back to moving the dead.
We put them down with ease and kindness now.


                                   Coyote
                                   January 2009
 
                                                                                                               
   

© 2009 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A old story. In War faces of men become the same. We must remember the Soldiers are fathers, sons and mothers, daughters.



Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
A
Wars are the most fatal disease humanity ever faced, I could never understand how cruel and heartless people, or careless enough to cause or start a war specially the war of Iraq what was the point?! There were no nuclear weapons and Iraqi soldiers weren't attacking USA...How many people have died from both the army and the people, peace is missing from this world;hopefully not forever, great work, thank you for sharing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is one of only 3 poems that has ever made me truly tear up. The way you broke this story up was wonderful... I will be reading this one again in the future.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
lei
war, there's always death and sacrifices.. no winning ends nor losing ends..

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Nobody really wins in a war. What does it leave? It leaves a lot of orphaned children and widowed wives at the least. Every soldier, every rebel, is somebody's husband, wife, daughter, son.
This is a wonderful write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Really nice poem, I like the way you write. It's not like distinct, it's not sitting there yelling out at you saying its a poem. In all of this poem its really Good. It kinda feels like I can relate, even though that I have never had to do anything like that, and don't plan on it

War is a very hard thing, even to think about as a 18 year old guy. Nothing I really want to do, unless its a last ditch effort if the rest of my plans don't work out.

-Matthew Hardy-

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a deeply moving account... you take us all there to that place of death and sorrow... lifeless bodies strewn around... dreams but dust for them... and no one to care. A poignant glimpse at the battlefields that still fill our world with bodies... once lives of hopes and aspirations.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very quiet but yet strong anti - war statement based on your war experiences. One can feel the waste and hopelessness of death as a result of war. I can also feel how the experience moved you emotionally and spiritually as you are faced with the cold hard facts of war. WELL DONE AGAIN, a story said in a poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I always learn so much from your experiences creatively spilled - it is a miracle and a blessing your heart has been centered.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I ca not imagine the emotional horrors inflicted upon soldiers at war... we see them as heroes which they are but they are human beings as well, though the Government treats them like statistics.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 10, 2009
Last Updated on December 26, 2009

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A Poem A Poem

A Poem by Sean Allen