If I knew.

If I knew.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

We learn too late to be quiet. Anger and violence leads only to more pain and sadness.

"
  If I knew
 
 If I knew.
 I would of  loved more and said less.
 
Sweet memories slip into my mind of us.
Two people loving and holding tight like it was our last moment.
 
I remember walking  hand in  hand with you.
On lonely beaches.
Never more happy.
 
 The sweet times are rare now.
 
 Eyes of youth had faded away with life burdens and losses.
 
 I look into the mirror and see a tire man.
 
 I wish to go back and feel again.
 To hunger for sweet  kisses and love til the morning light.
 
Walk down the naked beaches of Monterey coast.
In a mist of silence with a gentle hand in mine. 
 
 I didn't know laughter and dreams would fade away.
 
 If I knew I would of try to stop time.
 
 Hold you like you were my last breath.
 
                          John Castellenas
                            Coyote

© 2010 Coyote Poetry


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Life is long and hard. My Grandfather told me along time ago. Nothing good to say. Say nothing. I tell my children the same.
Coyote

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love the vulnerability of this poem, you speak of naked beaches, and metaphorically your soul is naked in this poem. You admit you are tired, jaded, uninspired. I love when people are just real.
And you want to fix it, to change it, to feel the vitality of the relationship once again. You are not content to just let the passion dissolve into nothingness. Such an honest work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I loved this and its so true. You gave good advise and such a honest deep write. Though, its heartbreaking. Nicely done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

If I knew.
I would of loved more and said less.

I'm so feeling this. We never know when and how long love will be with us and while we're in it we think it will be forever. Such sensitive writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hold you like you were my last breath. --- I like this line very much, and it's the perfect ending actually to a very beautiful poem. Great write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You are really romantic…
Sloshing deepest emotions….you will conquer the most sensitive part of readers mind


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I completely agree - one must savior every moment, for it is bound to fade away at one point or the other. As someone who also lost a few very dear friends I could really relate to this feeling of loss and moments taken away by time.
I think "loved more and say less" should be the world's new motto, something for everyone to live by and cherish. Our love and devotion are things that are beyond words, and when given with an open heart and mind they are priceless. Words are important too, but emotions, unlike words, have no boundaries.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

bitter truth... its just the bitter truth. if only time wasn't so harsh on love at least. =(
sad isn't it...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

magnificent ink. if only there was a time machine... we all wanna go back to the good O' days. you laid this out wonderfully... i enjoyed reading this piece :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I often think the same way. If I had known time would fly by so fast I would have loved longer and held on stronger!!! I would have done things I always meant to do and said things I always meant to say. but it's never too late to enjoy our day Thank you for this poem it is very lovely!!!!!


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this! I can relate to it in my own way. I relate to it in the way "You never know what you have until it's gone." Well, I say I hate this one person...they leave...I realize what a great person they really, truly are...but I can never get them back until I leave, too. :(

Anyway, nice poem!

Posted 14 Years Ago


i like this sorrowful and bitter sweet i am taking from you poems that you love the oceans??

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2434 Views
92 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on December 22, 2009
Last Updated on March 23, 2010

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mercy Mercy

A Story by Coyote Poetry