Ain't no f*****g good war.

Ain't no f*****g good war.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Can't allow the hate and fear to overcome us. World been the same for a long time. Must dance and love. Never know when it is time to go.

"
Warning
This Poem is rated Mature and may contain material unsuitable for readers under 18.
Previous Version
This is a previous version of Ain't no f*****g good war..



Ain't no f*****g good war.


Old WW2 Vet is sitting alone.
He raise his glass to the sky.
He look at an empty seat.
To the good war my friend.
He drink his shot of whiskey.
Whisper ain't no f*****g good war.
He put his face into his hands.


Father had his ribbons and awards over the fireplace from the Korea war.
We watched war movies together.
He was the hero who always saved me.


On the weekend he would drink his rum.
Late at night I would sit with him.
He would talk to dead buddies left in the Korean dirt.
He would tell me.
No war is worth a s**t.


Old Vietnam Vet is dying.
The agent orange had made him 110 pounds.
The VA won't see him anymore.
The VA tells him nothing they can do.
I sit with him and listen.
He tells me he volunteers and was proud.
He thought he was doing the right thing.
He looks me in the eyes and whisper all my friends are dead.
I will see them soon.


 What will I tell them?
Did the War have any reason?
Was it just a f*****g grave filled with hate?


I try to put myself in the places where living another day is your goal.
 Being hungry and needing medical care.
 Watching their world fall apart around them.


I go to graves of good friends.
 They died in Iraq for the hatred of the Bush's years.
I whisper f**k these wars.


                              Coyote

© 2010 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
I understand we need to protect our borders. You want a good story. Find a dark corner in hidden bar. Old Vets can make you cry.
Coyote



Featured Review

I was in Hamburg, one night. There was little local fair on the alstair. The fair ended at 2300, and everybody left. It was a coldish autumn night. I was bit lonely. I decided to run around the fairground once more.


So I did, and I bumped into the group of hispanics, who pulled me in there dance, because they thought it's summer (late september, north germany), it's spain (Hamburg). A lot many people, drunken, non drunken etc also encircled us.

Soon this had to end, because you are not allowed to shout in Germany after 2200 hours. I was alone again.

One man picked me up, a hopeless drunkard, and landscape garden designer. He grabbed my shoulder, and we patrolled the whole night in Hamburg suburbs till 0400 next morning.

The only thing apart from his intro to me he said is "kreig ist immer schiße" - That translates to "war is always s**t"

Why can't the aristocrats who runs the politics, and who's footsteps rock the corporate hamburg (and the rest of the world) learn from this hopeless drunkard? Why can't everybody learn from him?

Germans ww2 vets do not want to talk easily - but when they talk, I start feeling why do I even exist, tell you the story later :-s

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is the most powerful writing I've ever read from you so far! Wow! I'm in total agreement. You have managed to SHOW this in a way that's very poignant & indisputable. Your examples are well-chosen & well-expressed. You've brought the humanity back into the equation & showing so vividly that it doesn't add up. I wholeheartedly agree & your judicious swearing adds just the right amount of emphasis & realism.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I saw war and I did follow my father and grandfather footsteps. All of us learn.. read more
World War II was a real war for freedom, as Japan and Germany went into countries as aggressors. The Vietnam war was a war for power, world powers showing off who had the bigger guns and bombs and had the most bullets to waste on human casualties. No victors there, only deaths. Agent Orange used there was the start of a devastating environmental disaster that reaps lives up to now in terms of cancer as these chemicals never biodegrade, they just fill the air we breathe. The Iraq War (after the fiasco of the Kuwaiti War by Saddam) is a war about Oil Control in the Middle East - and it is this war that truly drained the US and NATO economies. Each bomb detonated cost $150,000 - not counting the other weaponry and ammunition. Rebuilding Iraq is still costing the US more than the Americans are led to believe. Now War is just a global business of selling arms and bombs, igniting conflict amongst countries just to generate sales - regardless of lives destroyed or families wrecked. Blair said sorry... we are too. Very.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

11 Years Ago

I was in the Army for 15 years. I went to many places. I was lucky. I had President Clinton as my le.. read more
cynthiabuhainbaello

11 Years Ago

Thank you Coyote. The US military are in my country right now because of China's threat (& North Ko.. read more
I am touched by this prose piece...its more than just that, this is a beautiful recollection. You are completely right because war is a horrifying concept - an experience I have not been through but have witnessed with words from fellow loved ones who will never again be the same.

Thank you for the touching read, I'm truly amazed at the power this story has.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote, this one touched me deeply and is incredibly special. Thank you for this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great write. Definitely a lot to think about on the basis of globalization getting personal. Is this really what it takes? I am thinking about going into diplomacy. If so, it will be my duty and responsible to prevent this frivolous thing of war that costs too much to be valuable.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

My great grandfather lied about his age and signed up. He was 16. He survived and came back intact - physically.
He was traumatised. He would not speak of the things he'd seen, but I think his silence said everything his loved ones needed to know.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Powerful anti-war statement; I used to work with a guy who was commanded a river boat in Vietnam. Agent Orange got him too.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

War spills humanity,War sparks the fuel to turn our minds inside out against ourselves, scattering our brains puzzle,leaving it to be cradled by the compassion in the corner. Another good day.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the story you have told here. So many can relate to it. I feel that war is looked at as a "necessary evil" to most people, but there's such a price that civilians don't think about our soldiers paying for them. You're right, there ain't no f*****g good war. Thank you for sharing :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This speaks volumes to me. You spend 8 months in Afghanistan you start to ask "What the hell am I doing here?" People who've never seen combat talk about war with pride; those who have seen it never say a damn thing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

454 Views
66 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on January 9, 2010
Last Updated on March 28, 2010

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..