The w***e bath

The w***e bath

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Sometime we must think and make wise decisions.

"
The w***e bath
 
 Large shining teeth.
Telling me the way to heaven.
 
 I will find my way to paradise by the gift to his christian cause.
 His teeth seem to shine brighter.
 
His mumbling of a thousand words.
Leave me feeling dirty.
 
I get a damp cloth and wipe away the words of a greedy man.
 
 
 The captain tells me.
" I own you. "
 
"You do what I say.
Even  to death.
I'm in-charge."
 
 I try to wander away.
 But he keeps speaking.
 
I feel dirty and go to the latrine.
I get a damp cloth.
 
Another w***e bath in a life where the words are eating away at my soul.
 
 I sit in a classroom.
 The instructor asked me?
 
If I was ordered to kill.
Would I?
 
I tell him I would kill him first.
But my words become weaker with each second the instructor speaks.
 
 He shower me with his blood song and I began to understand.
 
The sweat pours down my face and I go to the bathroom.
 
One more w***e bath for a man drowning in useless words.
Forced to accept for a few pennies.
 
Beliefs only a mercenary could believe.
 
  Maybe if I was a high paid w***e.
 
 I could live with the things I must do.
 
 But nothing as bad as a cheap w***e.
 
                     Coyote
 
 


© 2011 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Two Soldiers in Iraq were told no prisoners. They killed two Iraq men. Is this a excuse to kill or a man who did not use wisdom?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow.
I'm amazed at the skill used in this poem. The different levels of interpretation in it are reminiscent of some of the greatest classic poets. I see traces of Eliot and Dickinson in these lines, and that alone is impressive.
All of these different "w***e baths" are all tied together in their questions of morality, and it leaves the whole concept of it so mirky.
This appears to lie in the fact that neither the preacher, the teacher or the captain truly can see the truth. An amazing piece that I am happy to have the opportunity to have read.

Posted 13 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you Dennis for reading and the comment. You honored me with your comment. No-one win in war.



Reviews

Poignant and powerful. You risked everything by standing up for humanity. At times I feel that this, the 'greatest' nation on Earth, is also the most bloodthirsty.
Thank you for sharing truth through these words.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow. great write Coyote, thank you for sharing that with me :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Too many wars are fought for reasons that have nothing to do with defense. But the military demands soldiers fight no matter what and kill without question and it is a voluntary army right now. People need to answer this question within themselves when they voluntarily join the military right now. Great job on this.


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You are not the creator, thus you haven't the right to destroy/kill/ or cut off an existance. War shouldn't be thought of as anything other than defense against obvious attack. Killing one innocent man is like murdering all men on Earth. Because if you could make an excuse to end the life of one, the remaining work would be easy after your heart has darkened. There are some parts that confused me in this write, but it's hurtfully truthful and thought provoking. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fantastic..!!!!!!! Wonderful experience shared..!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think the arrangement of this piece well served the point you were trying to make. It's a piece that really gives someone something to seriously think about. Hard-hitting piece, very well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

one of the bests of your creations....
your repository of real life experiences and their translation into a poem....
fantastic....
thanks for sharing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

your experience at the war front combined with the necessary evils of war comes right across here..the question, do we have the right to kill someone? a very self introspective work of a troubled soldier in the front..Well done, Coyote. You rock hard !!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow. this is powerful. a wonderful poem coyote! you always touch my heart.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

well done, the tragedy losing one's self to the mindlessness expected. and then, who is to be blamed for the horrific consequences? tragedy upon tragedy. Peace be with all of us.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

7288 Views
110 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 14, 2010
Last Updated on March 17, 2011

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Smiles Smiles

A Poem by Tate Morgan