Thankful

Thankful

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Someday we learn life is more then us.

"
  



Thankful


I saw my face  in the mirror at Chucky's Cheese.
I was surprised to see a old man looking back.


I was fifty one years old.
Holding my Grandson.
His first birthday was today.
His big smile and laughter made me smile.
My old face didn't look so bad.


I stop and did a silence prayer to the Spirit of life and death.
I thank them for this day.
I pray my Grandchild and all children have a fair chance at life.


My eyes have eroded with time. Can't see nothing without my glasses.
My hard living made my mind weaker.
I need to write notes for reminders or I may forget.
I don't run no more.
I still can walk like a Soldiers.


My baby girl is thirteen now.
She is turning into a beauty like her mother.
She is texting 10 times per minute.
I caress  the back of her head.
Give her five dollars for the games.


She gives me the boredom look.
I smile and watch her wander off.


I do a silence prayer.
Being thankful for four healthy children.


I walk behind my two grandsons.
Their eyes wide open to the world around them.


I sit and watch them play in the small kids section.
I wonder how our leaders in the USA think?
Why the discussion of War is more important then education and hunger?


Their children will pay for our waste and sins too.
Our hate and fear will destroy their future for all the children
in this world.


I sit on the floor.
My two grandchildren are climbing on me.
They are having the time of their life.


I pray a silence prayer for the day.
When children can grow up in  a world that is safe and
all the children have a fair chance at a good life.


I'm thankful for this day.
     

                               Coyote
 

© 2011 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Life is to be lived. Can't live in past mistakes. We who have common sense need to gather. Stop the hate and violence in our world. Before we leave nothing for the future generation.
Coyote

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great job on this! I think most of can relate to getting older and seeing our little ones grow and wonder why things look so bleak for their future. It makes you wonder why anyone can see those little faces and not realize that things can and should be better. Lovely job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is striking, it really hits a person. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


If we all took the time to just STOP ...and give thanks we would see how truly Blessed we are...
we have so much...so many joys and gifts...treasures and treats
happiness is a thankful heart...after all....how can you have joy
if you are not glad of your life

cutie grandbaby too : )

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

They are our blessing and our light. We can only hope to lead them in a way that shows them that we love them and are there for them. Life is hard but it's easier when we have a home to take solace in. You are leaving them a legacy of your life and thoughts. (I think you meant to use the word silent instead of silence)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem of yours is so beautiful... we usually do not see the little things of life... we have so much to be thankful for, we all pray for peace to prevail on earth.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

What a wonderful piece of writing.. it just runs with love and the appreciation, the understanding of the next generations. Certain lines stick out because they ring with truth:

' His big smile and laughter made me smile. My old face didn't look so bad. '
' She gives me the boredom look. I smile and watch her wander off. '
' Why the discussion of War is more important then education and hunger? '

Not a parent yet, but I so understand your final words .. the world should be safe, should be the heaven we all crave for .. tis up to Mankind to make it thus.


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Outstanding! Full of wisdom and appreciation. Yes, life is to be lived. Excellent...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You share much wisdom in this piece. Watching children play together without the prejudice, hate, and fear, that is so prevalent in adults, gives us a glimpse of how life should be. We can learn a lot from children if we take the time to watch and listen to them. Thank you for sharing your heart and mind with us.

I think the picture is sweet too. You sure don't look 51 and your grandson is adorable.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This was wonderful. I think in life we have to stop and cherish the people and all the wisdom we gain down the road in life. This was a very nice poem. Such a legacy to create for your children and grandchildren. The picture is very nice as well. Adorable in fact. Well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote.....AMAZING!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Expressing with mere words the pure love that a baby gives, as well as us teaching to re-evaluate life is a beautiful gift that you give through this remarkable write.
This is a moving inscription that speaks volumes. I have no doubt your "babe” will proud to read such loving words as grows older.
I am so thankful to be a part of my 3 children's lives, !two grandsons, and finally a granddaughter, and they are such a blessing! Life is good!
Thanks for sharing the love, as well as how much we have in life to be grateful for!
This is definitely a favorite! Well done ~ Judi
PS I love the picture J


Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

6252 Views
93 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on February 8, 2010
Last Updated on February 2, 2011

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..