Thankful

Thankful

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Someday we learn life is more then us.

"
  



Thankful


I saw my face  in the mirror at Chucky's Cheese.
I was surprised to see a old man looking back.


I was fifty one years old.
Holding my Grandson.
His first birthday was today.
His big smile and laughter made me smile.
My old face didn't look so bad.


I stop and did a silence prayer to the Spirit of life and death.
I thank them for this day.
I pray my Grandchild and all children have a fair chance at life.


My eyes have eroded with time. Can't see nothing without my glasses.
My hard living made my mind weaker.
I need to write notes for reminders or I may forget.
I don't run no more.
I still can walk like a Soldiers.


My baby girl is thirteen now.
She is turning into a beauty like her mother.
She is texting 10 times per minute.
I caress  the back of her head.
Give her five dollars for the games.


She gives me the boredom look.
I smile and watch her wander off.


I do a silence prayer.
Being thankful for four healthy children.


I walk behind my two grandsons.
Their eyes wide open to the world around them.


I sit and watch them play in the small kids section.
I wonder how our leaders in the USA think?
Why the discussion of War is more important then education and hunger?


Their children will pay for our waste and sins too.
Our hate and fear will destroy their future for all the children
in this world.


I sit on the floor.
My two grandchildren are climbing on me.
They are having the time of their life.


I pray a silence prayer for the day.
When children can grow up in  a world that is safe and
all the children have a fair chance at a good life.


I'm thankful for this day.
     

                               Coyote
 

© 2011 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Life is to be lived. Can't live in past mistakes. We who have common sense need to gather. Stop the hate and violence in our world. Before we leave nothing for the future generation.
Coyote

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great job on this! I think most of can relate to getting older and seeing our little ones grow and wonder why things look so bleak for their future. It makes you wonder why anyone can see those little faces and not realize that things can and should be better. Lovely job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
I can relate to this in so many ways. My experience was in the order of, pride; mortality; regret; fear. I was proud of the life before me. Gained an immediate TRUE sense of my mortality. Regretted the wasted time I threw away in my life, and feared for the future well being of my grandson... we have not exactly left the greatest foundation under the stage by which he will stand one day... Your poem goes straight to what matters, and brings a sense of being humbled to this man. Thank you.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dear Coyote,

I honestly cried when I got to the part in the middle where you mention that we will pay for the sins of our fathers. (Not the literal sins, but the after effects of poor choice.) I can see it in the future, I fear for my children (none yet, but one day I will) that will grow up in this world. They will suffer worse than I have and I can see the countless tears and precious memories I've yet to experience. Thank you for captivating this to me, your reader.

To the poem: As a poet, you message speaks clearly to me. Theme is good. Flow is good. You express how you feel and it is something I struggle with in the hopes to better myself. I am humbled each time I view a writing of yours to remember that I am nothing in a world of poets and philosophers. This is truly beautiful beyond words and it doesn't need anything else to help it. Grammatical errors is all I can find wrong with it, like in the first stanza: the two spaces after face, Chucky Cheese's to be plural, and the second line "I was surprised to see an old man looking back." But I can care less about your errors, you have such a good heart and wonderful mind as you write and express how you feel that any person to say you're not a wonderful poet is a person of straw whose words matter little. 10/10.

Thank you again.

Sincerely,
S. W. Scaggs

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is lovely. Life is to be lived in the now and children are the perfect essence of that. In the eyes of children, the past is gone and the future not considered. Great write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That was rather amazing. Well done. No major grammar things, although I was wondering about "I do a silence prayer" but I think that works either way. Very well done and a beautiful poem.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Oh how I love your personal glimpse at life....at how you view it, and how it looks back at you!
Truly a beautiful observation with thoughts and prayers added as you realize what is the most valuable of assets!
Just lovely!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Great job on this! I think most of can relate to getting older and seeing our little ones grow and wonder why things look so bleak for their future. It makes you wonder why anyone can see those little faces and not realize that things can and should be better. Lovely job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

The past is gone...and today is here.! The hate comes with old bitterness and the violence is the abuse inside the pain. And Life is light and fragile.
This massage of hope is beautiful

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Amen... fine write; good wish for the future! ;~) I hope one and all can come together and live as one.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There are some beautiful sentiments here, Coyote. I want you to know that I learn from you....with each verse...I learn....

Thank you, Coyote.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Great personal sentiment that so many can relate too... you are only as old as you want to be... life is to be lived to the fullest at any age... you sound very grateful for all you have... that is the key to happiness.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

6252 Views
93 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on February 8, 2010
Last Updated on February 2, 2011

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..