Sacrifice and blasphemy

Sacrifice and blasphemy

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Freedom is very costly.

"
                                     FREEDOM

                            I will never forget freedom.
                            Just promise
                            Please promise
                            That you never forget me.

                            (By Poet Dorene Oliver
                            Dedicated to missed friends.)


                   
                        Sacrifice and blasphemy



              Sitting alone in a grave yard.
              By a  missed friend grave. 
              Traces of a good man are still left..
              Forgotten among the wild northern Michigan flowers.


              I remained with him and I lose myself.
              I'm tire.
              I'm tame and sober.
              Trying to remember  my friend  face.


              I remember he loved WWF.
              I remember he loved Bud light.
              I remember he loved his two girls.

              My spirit had eroded.
              Veterans come home.
              Broken in heart and spirit.
              They are isolated and misread.  


              Veteran Hospitals.
              Sparse in funds.

             
              Sent soldiers home with prescriptions.


              Tragedy of War.
              Leave shells of men.
              Reflecting on deeds done.


              Shameless Senators and House Representatives.
              Give billions for guns and death.


              Tarnish young men and woman.
              Wallow in misery.
               

              They will rise up.
              Revive their hopes.


              Hear voices of missed comrades.
              Must go forward.
              For their friends who cannot go on.


              My friend's smile and laughter I remember.
              He would tell me.
              Get up dumb a*s.
              You be alright.


              Please remember the soldiers.
              Over 300,000 Soldier are standing tall for us.


              Remember Veterans on election day.
              Vote out these Senators and House representative.
              Who don't support the returning Veterans.
 
                               Coyote

© 2010 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
I still go the nearest bar and drink one beer a month to lost friends. They are missed by me and their family.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

How felt, touching tribute and remembrance! You are true when you say...
"Tragedy of War.
Leave shells of men.
Reflecting on deeds done.

Shameless Senators and House Representatives.
Give billions for guns and death."

and

"Please remember the soldiers.
Over 300,000 Soldier are standing tall for us.

Remember Veterans on election day.
Vote out these Senators and House representative.
Who don't support the returning Veterans."

Its our moral duty to remember them, their families and make them remembered too... who gave their most precious thing - their lives - for us to live happily and peacefully!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very strong, emotional piece. So simple and ring true with the clarity of the pain. I could see every face, every scene, every word spoken as if I were the one in the cemetery... Great write as always Coyote

LW

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you. We must support the veterans. Today a woman on wordpress discussed her Vietnam husband st.. read more
Cody, I just lost my best friend in the whole world a few months ago. He was a vet. He remained homeless, ill and broken til he died. But he left me a legacy of stories, wit, humor, and deep spirituality I will never forget. Your work is so moving, I must peruse more. It seems maybe you are finding closure for your heartache.
I miss my son, in the USAF. He is stationed in Alaska, not in mortal danger, but this distance of 8,000 miles is so hard.I am so sorry for your loss. Words are not my friends at the moment,for they escape me in a very tangible way to offer you any real comfort. My help is the Lord. Without His Love and Grace...I WOULD BE LOST.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really liked this write. Very heartfelt. Coming from a family of Veterans, I remember I would always sit around and listen to the "old men" talk of their military days. There was never any glory or any of those things that are promised at the recruiting office in their stories just sheer pain for the things that they had done and seen in the name of this country. I do support our soldiers one hundred percent and I do hope to see a change in the Senate and House of Representatives concerning bringing our troops home. Excellent write!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

To lose someone your close to is always a tragedy hun, but to keep up these little in memoir sessions to them is a hood and healthy way to deal. I apologise for being AWOL again, seems to be a habit of mine, glad to see you've been very productive since I've went away, no doubt I'll be back again later!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

We should all remember our Veterans. Very sad to hear recent stories of medical coverage denied for Veterans. Very well written. I want to add my thoughts after reading the words at the beginning,
"I will never forget freedom.
Just promise
Please promise
That you never forget me"

I was reminded of the few stories I know from my native ancestors who knew a freedom that none of us has ever experienced, we are not truly free in this culture...I long for that lost world of true freedom.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

what a wonderful write (:

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It is a tragedy, I don't know how all those mothers and wives after WW2 were able not to get insane, when loosing their sons and lovers..and husbands.. and I know, this nobody says that there is a huge number of suicide of veterans who come back for they can't deal with this tension and the atrocities, all that what they lived day by day. I like your talent to write about all this in a way .. that I want come back and read the next poem, I have respect for all those, ho risk their lives and yes we never should forget this freedom and this democracy is a young bird with the background of humanity - and everything can change very quickly. That's why we need perfect diplomats for perfect diplomatic affairs.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

it is very true noone apreciates people whom fought for are freedom [in which is a lie]

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1676 Views
59 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on February 25, 2010
Last Updated on March 22, 2010

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..