What men are capable of...

What men are capable of...

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

I saw bad things in my life. What men have done for their hate.

"
  What men are capable of.


                 What legacy will we leave?
                 I hope no more then we were
                 the one's who stand by and
                 allow the Wars and disease
                 to deteriorate the dreams
                 of our children.


I stood by a river in Bosnia.
Dead bodies floating in the current.
Killed for sake of religion.
As I pulled the bodies out.
I was sickened by the deeds of men.

I felt so cold.


Were the Angels watching?
Waiting with open arms for the innocent?


Who is crying for them?
 

No-one is speaking out for the people in the way
of the war machine and violence.


Men who speak of tales of fabled bogey men.
The profiteer and big business using lobbyist
to keep war coming.
We need to be identify and put them out of business.


Using young men and woman to fight for oil and land...


Life is simple.
Treat people how you desire to be treated.
Religion should be  personal.


I don't believe the common man and woman would desire war
 before peace talks.


I never met a woman or
man who desire  to die.
Never met a Mother or Father who wanted their child
to die in War.


The profiteer and big business hide behind false words and tales
to create the ability to get richer.


What men are capable of?

The great men of peace are rarely heard today;
Block out by stories of ghosts and demons by leaders with
pocket full of lobbyist money.


Cities and towns are now war grounds.
No safe place for the innocent.
Can we stop the terror and violence?


I have stacked the bodies of the innocent.
Just old men and woman.
I pray to the Spirit of the earth, sky and water .
Take care of these poor people.
Please give them peace with you.


Is the world is past the healing point;
Too late for the sheep being led to slaughter.
Who will cry out then?


Too late for the babies being born to chaos and War;
Their dreams and hope.
Cut-off by the hunger and greed of War?





                        Coyote
                        6 August 2009 


          


© 2011 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A old poem from the past. I was a simple water and gas mission. Me and my Soldiers found death bodies of old men, woman and children floating in a river. We pull them out and stacked the body on the shore of the river.. What men could kill for sake of religion? Old world need to find a better road. I pray.
Coyote

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

it is always those on their clean thrones far removed from sweat and blood and tears who are more than avariciously willing to send their people (victims) into the fray on a thread of profit that streams back to the fat cats in their leather seats counting pennies on each dead man's eyes~

and as a nations throughout history~we've allowed it~ participated in it~ the human species confounds my senses~ I will never understand~

your poem cracks the shell of lies fed to the masses and releases the pain that mankind floods across the globe endlessly~
heartbreak in a lonely pocket~watchers watching~dying everywhere

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

very good


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is an epic! Phenomenal work! The rhythm flows so well. Sorry my review isn't longer but I'm having a hard time articulating in the face of such great talent. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

YES so true are your words!!
I've been wondering for decades and I'm 46 now; "why can't "we" (humans) just learn how to get along and help one another thru life? We all subsist on what's here on Earth and the more greedy we become the more we destroy of this Earth with no idea how to stop the demise that we've been causing since the human began existing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This poem left me with a sense of anger. It reminded me of the war we are in now. Even though I've heard the cause of the war millions of times from different angles and from different people, it still leaves me with a hungry feeling to understand why we have to keep doing this, to keep risking it all. All for what?
Thank you again Coyote, keep writing, keep being inspirational.
Liefde, Saskia

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is so true. the feelings you show in this poem, the world needs to wake up and appriciate the value of life. good write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Have you read the WWI poets? Their work is incredibly powerful and moving, just as this is. You think we would've learned our lesson then -- a war to end all wars, and still we have them now. I wring my hands about this and wonder what it is about human nature. Incredibly well done, you turned a horrific memory into a call for peace.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i love ur philosophy its so true

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this brought tears to my eyes, because I know it happens everyday, that these horrible things are brought about by the hand of our own race. It is sickening.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I think humans are animals and have an inherent blood lust. I don't support it, but sadly, I think it will always be this way. We can't change it and we can't educate the fools who grow like weeds in all of the cracks of the world. But even saying that, I agree with your message. One of my favorite lines:

the one's who stand by and
allow the Wars and disease

Aren't they the worst? Those who let it happen are no better than those who commit the atrocities themselves.

Great write. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

As a child, i asked my dad, about his experiences growing up in Nazi-occupied Europe. He would only answer with silence. Reading this poem, i want to answer your questions, but only silence is there. In my case, it is because i don't know and scared of the answers, that i might, i hear myself speak out. Want to believe that we are able to rise about our base nature and strive for the greater good for all. But, i think that this is, only my dreamer side speaking, and not my logical side. Thank you for forcing us, to look within ourselves and answer these hard questions.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2649 Views
74 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on April 4, 2010
Last Updated on April 28, 2011

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing