What will be left?

What will be left?

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

We need to show concern for Nature. Before she disappears.

"
  What will be left?
 
I took my children to the lake.
Signs are posted.
 Do not swim.
 
I will buy a K-mart pool and put in the backyard.
 
Damn we killed off the Great Lakes.
 
Cancer is running uncontrollable..
 
The slow death by pollution and greedy men.
Destroying our forest and woodlands.
 
Will  my children be able to play outside?
Or will pollution eat away at their dreams.
 
We tell our children to be kind.
Skin color doesn't matter.
 You can do anything.
 
We tell them to be fair and not fight.
Fighting will not solve problems.
 
Yes, the children see our morals.
 They see the hate and disappointment.
 
  Their eyes see the thousands who are homeless and poor.
 
Our leaders  sending soldiers to kill.
Not trying to have  peace talks and solve problems.
 
We wonder why our children don't want our leftovers.
 
We must stop the hate.
And the violence and the useless killing.
 
Keep the family together.
 
The healing must begin.
Or the eyes and mind of our children will turn against us.
 
For leaving nothing.
 
                   Coyote

© 2010 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
I worry for this world. When I was young. I was going to do great things. Now I see we added to the waste and abuse of this planet. For the sake of the children. We must find sanity and try to save the planet before the road to hell can't be fixed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A very poignant write my friend. (We must stop the hate. And the violence and the useless killing. Keep the family together. The healing must begin. Or the eyes and mind of our children will turn against us. For leaving nothing.) That last line says it all. ~Sharon


Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you, dear Sharon. I pray we learn. We must be kind to nature and to each other.



Reviews

Coyote, i love this one~!
So many problems spoken, written here.. what is going to be left for our children?
It is sad to think ..
Peace
Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I worry, too and am tired of the destruction I see all around me. I have changed my life to live more simple, but it is not enough. I like the line "our children will turn against us". At first I thought of MY children and then I realized that I am one of those children who is turning against the previous generations and longing to return to the ways of more ancient ancestors. I am starting to fight back in little ways. We must hold on, and remember, the ways of our ancestors...how to grow food, to live with nature as we were meant to and stop consuming the planet.
See what a great poem this is? I have gone on to my own thoughts. Your poem is inspirational.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh, I do agree with you! I fear for the world my children will be in. The state of the world today, the people in it, the violence and the bullying and the sheer ignorance of the world gives me untold fear for my children. Again, Coyote, you tell of a poem that is relevant to many generations and situations rather than just the one.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

"We must stop the hate.
And the violence and the useless killing." -and we must stop the progress, but how? This made me think. I also liked "Keep the family together." I am sure, you meant - by love. Great job! I like how you spread the positive idea and you know, also this is intoxicating.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I loved this. Great tone and thoughts here. I occasionally have moments where I'm convinced we can save the world, but for the most part I tend to stick to cynicism. Really should do something though.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think nature is on the out. Construction seems to be so important in so many eyes, how many houses, condos and such that can be built, land for growing food is going under. Where will the children of today be getting their food tomorrow? Where will clean water come from? Where will the wild places be?

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I see this on the rez everyday...destruction is abundant; everywhere.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i really like this because i dont want my child to grow up and only see the hate this world is full with and this is a rlly srong poem makes me think even more

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a strong, meaningful write.
Now I'm starting to wonder what will be left.
"Will my children be able to play outside?
Or will pollution eat away at their dreams."
Humans are greedy creatures and we do not even notice how much that effects everything around us, including the environment.
Another excellent write!

-Elissa :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

how true, and i simply love the last three lines, they seem to carry the entire weight of the poem. awesome work

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2390 Views
71 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 14, 2010
Last Updated on May 16, 2010

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dear Love Dear Love

A Story by Manda


My Fault My Fault

A Poem by Manda