What will be left?

What will be left?

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

We need to show concern for Nature. Before she disappears.

"
  What will be left?
 
I took my children to the lake.
Signs are posted.
 Do not swim.
 
I will buy a K-mart pool and put in the backyard.
 
Damn we killed off the Great Lakes.
 
Cancer is running uncontrollable..
 
The slow death by pollution and greedy men.
Destroying our forest and woodlands.
 
Will  my children be able to play outside?
Or will pollution eat away at their dreams.
 
We tell our children to be kind.
Skin color doesn't matter.
 You can do anything.
 
We tell them to be fair and not fight.
Fighting will not solve problems.
 
Yes, the children see our morals.
 They see the hate and disappointment.
 
  Their eyes see the thousands who are homeless and poor.
 
Our leaders  sending soldiers to kill.
Not trying to have  peace talks and solve problems.
 
We wonder why our children don't want our leftovers.
 
We must stop the hate.
And the violence and the useless killing.
 
Keep the family together.
 
The healing must begin.
Or the eyes and mind of our children will turn against us.
 
For leaving nothing.
 
                   Coyote

© 2010 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
I worry for this world. When I was young. I was going to do great things. Now I see we added to the waste and abuse of this planet. For the sake of the children. We must find sanity and try to save the planet before the road to hell can't be fixed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A very poignant write my friend. (We must stop the hate. And the violence and the useless killing. Keep the family together. The healing must begin. Or the eyes and mind of our children will turn against us. For leaving nothing.) That last line says it all. ~Sharon


Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you, dear Sharon. I pray we learn. We must be kind to nature and to each other.



Reviews

Life can seem to be filled with misery and hate yet there is still hope it is left to those who have a vision of a better world such as yourself, great work on bringing this subject to the forefront...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The road to hell will never be fix Coyote, no matter how much we try. I love this poem because it shows the too familiar "Do as I say, not as I do" routine of our daily lives. Most people become similar to their parents or they become the exact opposite but with the same ambition. Let's hope those parents who teach "right" from "wrong" actually practice what they preach and their children follow them. Too many young adults don't think of the future long enough to see past what they want feel they should have in life. But many need to see what they need in life and strive for it. I really don't want to have to live on a space station when I'm 80 years old because there's not enough oxygen, room, or water on Earth to sustain us all. Natural disasters happen for a reason, and maybe more are accuring because of what we are doing. But what do I know? I'm just a kid.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"for leaving nothing"
perfect last line right there. The poem itself has good vision and message. I have to say your writing style is not one I enjoy but if the poems themselves keep being this good I'd be a fool not to read them.
You spelt sending as senting in the nineteenth line.
Thankyou

Posted 14 Years Ago


I worry about today's children and wonder what will happen some 10 years from now. Are they going to take care of it? or how are they going to take care of it or do they even care?

Hopefully they do. It's a touch and go world out there today.
It so bothers me when I see litter everywhere and people not just kids
throw things in the water. All that pollution i mean it all goes somewhere.

I don't like see all the homeless and poor you'd think they could take
some of these old homes that no one lives in and let them stay there.
I mean what are they hurting. If we don't givbve them a chance who will.

People look at them and think it's their own faut. They don't want to think
it could be them. Some maybe have been in jail but they did their time
already but no one will give them a chance because no one will an
excon. I think that is wrong.

I just hope today's kids make a better impact than what some of
us adults are doing. I like this write. Thanks for the eye opening write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like reading this poem and the message is a good and clear one: nobody likes to think that they could be destroying their childrens chances of a bright and happy future. Nice job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So TRUE!! I've been wondering about "how to save our world" since I was a child and pick up trash when I see it where it should not be and put trash in it's place but, we could all be a bit greener quit and piling our trash on top of last generation's trash. Guess it's just "human nature" use, use, use but, as we know the children of the world will one day be left with very little due to those who came long before.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

again, a truly fantastic write. your work i appreciate the most i think, because you bluntly write with a subtle message that later screams at the reader.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So true I like your poem, you are right about this world is kinda scary and getting more scared and worse. We maybe even scared to go out to take a walk later, we are on this planet for reasons and one of the reason to save it. To make a safe place to live.
Anyway, very great poem. Very honest feeling has shown in the poem, very well done.
Haifa

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is absolutely very nice. I liked it a lot.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the message in this and it brings up a good point. But I have found myself caught in the sin of Greed myself. Its sad really, and I want to break it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


7
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2391 Views
71 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 14, 2010
Last Updated on May 16, 2010

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dear Love Dear Love

A Story by Manda