The world is crying

The world is crying

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

I found this poem in a old book. It is 30 years old.

"
             The world is crying

The world is crying.
Like a forgotten child.

Crying for all the sadness surrounding
every soul on this planet.

My world seem to have forgotten the
dream of peace.

Where all nations can live in harmony.

Where upon all human beings could  learn to cherish
all living life.

But the goal of peace are forgotten.
Men of war control the emotion of the world.

World War two is fading away.
World is falling back to fear and hate.
Talk of peace is gone.
Only threats of war and destruction can be heard.

The day is here.
 Where we are over taken by fear  and ghost.
Now we must turn to tears.

Tears for the child and mother whom home was destroyed
in the way of war.

Tears for the Mother and Father waiting for their child covered
in a USA flag to be brought  home.

Starvation and sickness is running wild and millions are dying daily.

Where are the men of peace?

Can we stop the walk to our destined death?


                              Coyote
                            7 April 1980

© 2010 Coyote Poetry


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Added one line. Very old poem. A Liberal Coyote who believed world could be saved. Today I hope 30 years later. Can we stop the madness? I pray we can.
Coyote

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Coyote Poetry,
"The world is crying"
It is heavy that something real when you originally wrote is still a reality now. War is such a part of humanity.
Meaningful line regarding the fear in war; "fear and ghost." Those taken and to be I suppose.....
This was kind of hard to read. but "Where are the men of peace"" Where indeed?

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I agree Kathy. Little change after 37 years. Thank you for reading and the comment.



Reviews

Third stanza "My world seem to have forgotten the
dream of peace."
Seem needs to be seems. A good message to send out to everyone, glad you found it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This has so much emotion and is so heartfelt. I really like this, you are an amazing writer and your compassion adds to it. I wish that everyone had this much compassion towards something.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

We're all praying this same prayer. Every night I fall asleep begging that the word comes with the morning that my husband's rifle's only needed for marksmanship quals, that the only time his side of the bed will be empty anymore is for Sergeant of the Gaurd duty. Pray for an end of fear, worry and doubt.

No matter where you stand on the neccesity of war we all agree it's an ugly horrid thing! Another great piece, Coyote!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I was stationed at Dover Air Force Base 1965-1968. Every day I watched flag draped caskets that came down the ramps of the planes I fixed so that they could go back and get more.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stanza 3 Line 1-My world "seems" to have forgotten the
Stanza 6 Line 1-But the "goals" of peace are forgotten
Stanza 9 Line 1-Tears for the child and mother "whose" home was destroyed

I loved the poem; it was filled with the tragedy that is war. War has never made any sense to me; it accomplishes nothing, but sadness!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the compassion that reside in your words. If only all would care as much? well maybe we wouldn't feel the need to be here? You have a gift that is meant to stir the masses and lift any broken wing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

If only the entire world could see eye to eye, then maybe the tears would slow... Or even stop...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You are a sincere writer. This piece is the simple truth put into poetry. I am terrified of the state of the world and try to close my eyes and ears as to not see or hear it. I feel like ignorance is bliss and I also feel like a coward. I have worked as a social worker for 15 years and had to stop because it is way to depressing and I'm a very sensitive person. I did the best I could for as long as I could and I am grateful that there are people who still work within the system.
I have to believe that if we all do at least a little something to bring peace to the world then we have done our part. I have two very sensitive children who are emerging into this world during the death of this world. I don't want them to grow up cold and calloused as a result of thier environment. But all I can do ius continue to teach them to worship all entities that they come into contact with as if they were gods and goddesses and hopefully it will create a ripple effect that would eventually spread throughout the universe.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! Powerful hon, can we? I hope so! Here's to an awakening! xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2638 Views
96 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on April 16, 2010
Last Updated on May 16, 2010

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dear Love Dear Love

A Story by Manda


My Fault My Fault

A Poem by Manda