My last stand will be in New York city.

My last stand will be in New York city.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Two brother die by own hands. I dream of a place to find peace.

"
      






















My last stand will be in New York City.

 
I want to go to New York City.
Sit on a park bench where Leonard Cohen sat with Joplin.
Whispering stories of things to come.
I wonder what he did to remember her in  her death?
 
My soul has become so dirty.
I feel I would fall into the old city.
Become like her.
Full of secrets and hidden desires.
 
The woman are colder.
Warmer if they decide to allow you in to see.
Their permanent scars and tarnish view on love.
Leave me wishing  to know all their mysteries and feel their hunger.
 
They dress in darkness.
I like my woman to wear black.
It make me aroused.
 
I want to roam the streets.
Be with the people at the lowest point in life.
I want to listen to their stories.
I don't pity them.
I will tell  them my stories.
 
I would sit in dark bars.
listen to the night people.
Perhaps dance in the twisted dance of passion and lust. .
 
 
I will sit on a bench.
My words would become complete.
I would flow with the city.
I would become the voice of insanity.
Perhaps sanity?
 
I will find my place.
I will go to New York soon.
To find my  peace of mind.
 
                     Coyote
                  17 April 1994
 

© 2011 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A old poem. I was at my worst. Thank you for the Army. Sent me to sunny California to revive a life instead.
Coyote

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is an old poem? Heck, I don't believe. This is my favorite of yours now ;) Some raw emotions poured into words here. Depicts perfectly the inside of your mind. I don't think "Or my highway to hell?" fits in there. It'd be all the more better if you remove it. This is going into my favorites and I'm rating it 100!

Posted 13 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is interesting, yet I'd wonder how one would
find peace in that city. An old poem, yet I wonder
if these words still feel the need to cross that horizon.
Nice write, Coyote.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think this is one of my favorite poems you've written that I've looked at. It makes me want to travel and see things that I've never seen. I think this is great : )

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this old poem you have written here. It tells a story of longing to do things that most of us wouldn't dream of doing but I love to listen to other people tell stories so I think that is what brought this poem to life for me. I use to listen to the residents at the nursing home I work out tell stories of their youth. I also listened to the far fetched stories of the ones who had dementia. I would give them my full attention weather sane or not. It is the mystery behind the people who make them who they are and you have described this longing desire quite nicely in the this poem. You describe the city as if you have already been there. Wonderful write of hopes and a longing to full fill.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Another great poem of yours probably my favorite because ive always dreamed that i belong in new york with the fast pace world of people and things. i really love broadway and would love to perform there oneday but what you told me about is the night life and made me think that it would be almost frightning and exciting to experience that!! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really love this poem because it depicts NYC so well. While it speaks of how "dirty" it is, how terrible things can happen there, it also talks about falling into a place packed with people and listening feeling connected. I think that's excactly how a city should be looked at. And through the whole thing you manage to convey a mood of depression and desperation, hoping to find peace among the people. I'm giving it a 93 because the flow and rythm are not exceptional, but I do really like it. A very good write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So full of depth...makes me want to go to New York City, to see what it is about the place that causes so much inspiration...the images I see seem so cold and lifeless that I feel repulsed by these big cities. I keep thinking about these lines,
"My soul has become so dirty.
I feel I would fall into the old city.
Become like her.
Full of secrets and hidden desires."
Great reference to Leonard Cohen and Janis Joplin...love their music. We are greatly effected by the place where we live.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice work...youth is a blessing and at times a curse...yet it is time and travel that can change our lives...

nice work...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'd love to go to New York City and listen to the stories of the people. Heck, it's good to listen to everyones stories for some five minutes peace from my own! This is wonderfully well written as always John. Flows smoothly and carries the reader through to the very last line, and keeps the reader hoping that the narrator indeed finds some peace :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice poem.
TT-TTO-NI-K
Elk

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the reputition in this you keep bringing up a scene in my head of sitting on a bench in a city. I can see it clear and the reputition makes it sound important to the dreamer. As it is a desire of where you want to be. I find this very different from you but still inspiring. I have noticed that "I" is at the beginning of nearly every line, it shows that this is personally about you. But to make it better you could have put something else other then I. Overall the poem made me feel welcomed into your life

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

6539 Views
88 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on July 11, 2010
Last Updated on January 20, 2011

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..