The Damns and the foolish

The Damns and the foolish

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Austin, Texas bars bring the best of people together

"
The Damns and the Foolish

 
  The ways and means committee at the local Tavern sat together in a oasis of gin and whiskey.
 
  Talk of torrid and tarnished love leave us in the sacrament state of loneliness.
 
  I have joined  the group of the damns and foolish many month ago. Protection of the long Island ice teas leave you safe.

 One quiet and lonely summer night. A Blue Eyes temptress seduced me with offer of warm kisses and splendor of passion.
 
  She left me with a sweet whiskey kisses and a long embrace. She whisper" Never love a woman with her emotion and heart dead and buried."
 
  When I met her at a poetry reading. She worn a talon of a dead animal.
 
  Her icy and impotent blue eyes left me in a lapse of a placid and upcoming pitfalls.
 
She told me I was handsome. She whispered" I  want a savior."
 
Her sultry and preordain lies and stories open up a un-easy and disturbing paradox.
 
  That she slowly open the door to my heart and led me into a wishful and tranquil will to love her.
 
  Her flowing red hair and long legs intrigue me to try to tame her. To create a union of two torrid souls.
 
She told me" I'm permanent scars and tarnished." Her tattoos body was a map of her journey. She looks to the moon and sky. Whisper " Pardon me  for not allowing anyone to perpetrate my  harden soul."
 
  I told her. "In the solitude of a vortex. We need to expose our soul and dreams."
 
Her eyes burned me with anger. She yelled " I'm shrouded in hate.
Never will risk shades of love to open my heart to love again."
 
  I accepted her. Learning every part of her beautiful body. Listen to the story of every tattoo on her perfect and beautiful body.
 
  I never exposed my true feelings to her.
 
  We danced in a raw, risky and a salvage love. We scheme great journeys and dreams of great victories.
 
  On a cold Winter morning. She whisper " I must depart." She was leaving in the morning sun.
 
  I told her. I knew the prelude to the story.
 
  I bring her closer. I whisper" I will be here for you when you become lost.  And need the mercy of a friend."
 
  Now I sit with the men and woman at the local Tavern.
 
  I describe a portrait of a wounded Angel.
 
                                Coyote
                                 March 2009
 

© 2011 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Good days when in Austin, Texas was my place to relax and enjoy life.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Amazing what goes in certain kinds of bars anywhere and everywhere, they're like the hearth of a wonderfully warm fire .. and there you were warming your hands with and on your blue eyed, long legged angel.

This story is like a myth .. one you'd repeat in the early hours of the morning after a few rounds of drinks .. you'd close your eyes and dream awake, remembering how she near broke your heart but you swore to be there for her if she ever passed that way again.

I love the way you use English, it's a real language in your hands, shows your indentity and should always read the way it does.

A lovely piece of prose poetry, John ..

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This was a deep and powerful piece of work. There are many wounded angels that come through our lives. It's a scary thing to love one, but it is so worth it. Thank you for sharing this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A creatively cool poem with excellent imagery and strength to the lines. Excellent job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hi Coyote, you never fail to impress with the mythical quality in your telling. Broken souls congregate to seek a moments respite from the cold and callous world which leaves them wounded and weary, but the journey must go on whether the companions remain the same or not.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the way you write, I haven't been on here in a while, but I got on here because I wanted to see what you've been posting and I love what you write. I can't say that enough. It's wonderful, it's so descriptive, and I feel like it was a movie playing in my head. You're writing is beautiful and I always look forward to reading your stuff. Thank you for posting your work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I feel like this poem is masked in a nice haze, and the more you dig into the haze, the farther lost you get until you find the center of it, and you see this beautiful light shining though. The Wounded Angel in this poem is a wonderful description of a warrior, someone who's seen destruction, and caused revelation. It seems like this poem could be one of those moments where someone has a life-changing dream. Very influential, I loved it. Amazing work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Never love a woman with her emotion and heart dead and buried." That is one awesome line Coyote. You show such a human observation. Great stuff.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice work. You have a lot of stories from that town. I bet you even went to a few tapings of Austin City Limits. Again, stunning piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amazing. Your words are like a spell. They draw you in and there is nothing in the world that can break that spell.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good write..!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very nicely done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

2218 Views
75 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on August 28, 2010
Last Updated on June 28, 2011

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..