Everybody knows

Everybody knows

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

I awoke pissed off today. Then my Poet of music Leonard Cohen set me off to describe my emotion.

"


                
                 
                  
                   (I borrow a few lines from Leonard Cohen.
                        Sometime we need to learn emotion and feelings
                        from people who lived a long life.)



                                    "Everybody knows"


Mr. President.

Did you see the gas prices?
Poor people making minimum wage won't be giving lunch money
to their kids.
Will be eating ramen noodles for lunch at work.
Must decide to fill gas tank or pay bills.

"Poor cities in the USA are getting the left over."
Do you give a s**t?
The bloody rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.

Gas companies made biggest profit the past year ever by sucking the last dollar and hope
from the people. The oil company sells us the oil they bought six months or more ago at highest price they can get and no-one cares..

Where are you Mr. President?

"Was the fight already fixed."
We have a rich man president?

Everybody knows.

House representatives. 435 men and woman.

I saw your budget.
1.1 billion for food and office.
2.3 million per representative to live on.

How many people have nothing in your states?
How many people are homeless?
Are the schools teaching the future of the USA properly?
Do you walk your streets and see the pain?

No equality in the USA yet.
Babies being born in the poor cities.
With one foot in the grave at the beginning.

Wars are being fought.
No-one  knows why we are fighting anymore?

Contractors got 465 billion dollars and cost of war over a trillion.
The rich man knows why.
Poor man born to serve at eighteen.
Hell of a world!
When going to war is better then to swim in the waste and s**t.


Senate.

I won't waste words on them.
I hear "here or there of them."
A group of useless people serving their needs.


       I pray
I pray to the sky, the water and the earth.
Sent wisdom to the men in-charge.
Please insure all children have food in their belly.
Please lord of life and earth.
Insure all children have a warm bed to sleep in.
Please lord.
Give opportunity and strength to the people in need.
We need a miracle.
War and hate is controlling my world.
Please sent some Angels of love and peace to assist.
We could use them today.
                             Thank you 
   
I awoke with fear.
I fear for tomorrow.
What will our children have left?
What have we done?
I hated my father for doing nothing.
Now am I any better?
I believe I did less.
Will my children despise me for doing nothing.

It is time to yell.
Write to the leaders. All of them.
Demonstrate in the streets.
Gas prices will be $4.00 a gallon.
Poor man will pay for the greed of the rich man controlling the USA.

             Everybody knows.

Does anyone care?

                             Coyote

I
 

© 2011 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
I borrow a few lines from Cohen. In the old days words could change the world. Today money and oil controlled the world. It is time we all give a shit about our world. What will you tell your children when they ask. Why are people homeless and the world so hard?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Leonard is the soul of the human conscience~you couldn't have picked anyone better to open the wound from which your own pain flowed~
this is the world~ there are the few at the top of the madness perpetrating atrocious crimes against humanity~perhaps not on perceived grand levels of physical torture~ but one more insidious~ the wreckage of the human mind and the human soul~ they love to break the spine and create flexible consumers~ more and more are becoming aware of the manipulation and less and less are tolerating the injustices wrought by the greedy little control freaks~ sad to observe that here in this country we have elected them~believing/aching to believe every promise of hope and change when in the end "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely"~ your poem is a call to becoming conscious HUMANE BEINGS again~ bravo~

Posted 13 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Thank you for your words of wisdom. I'll stand next to you, if we have to fight for our rights of equality.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You know, I've gained more respect for you after reading this poem... and I barely even know you. I thank you for your words... and yes, sadly, everyone knows and no one is brave enough to stand up, alone. If only we were smart enough to stand together... all of us poor, hard-working, deserving people with God in our hearts, shoulders, or just simply in our thoughts... we'd be able to take on anything, anyone...

The rich will continue to get richer and the poor will continue to die off. But don't worry... the selfish live, to remain here and to die here.... and don't worry, God has punishment for them all... and we get a life of eternal happiness in a place far more beautiful than this earth ever was.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Poor man born to serve at eighteen.
Hell of a world!
When going to war is better then to swim in the waste and s**t.

Great point! I applaud our military men and women...boys and girls...my son is overseas now...and I think to myself what a pointless war. Thank you for sharing your view. I am glad to see others that are becoming emotionally moved to speak.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree SO MUCH with you, Coyote! N' there's no way in Hell I coulda ever put it into better words!! It is TIME, TIME, TIME, TIME that we all give a s**t about our world!!! ㋡

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A good parent thinks of what he/she can leave in future for their children to enjoy and cherish for a happy living, and this poem is well written and a lesson to those who don't care about their kids....

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Its a very good eye opener to what is happen in our country and who we must blame. Very intuative. Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
A
I really hope the answer is yes, somebody has to care in order this world keeps going, you send a meaningful, important message through this, I respect you for writing and sharing this especially and his time when as you said materialism are controlling people, and countries are starving for oil, I hope the world won't continue to be like this, it's really a shame, humanity can do better.
100/100

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A different piece from you Coyote. But all the more evocative and provoking. This one's real and has that tight slap on inequality's face..This is not just US, but all over the world. The economic bridge gets wider and wider in a world where you either become richer or poorer, you just don't have a choice. Wars are foolish, contrived and meaningless, the money is wasted, so are precious young lives..It's a failure of democracy to uphold what it should have..Very Powerful and touchy poem. Well done, maestro !!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

such a strong poem, you almost need to shout it to the world. everyone who has ever thought about change should read this. i love how you outline the troubles of the world, and then go to question our humanity and our actions. it flows from despair to anger and finally to inspiration.
if everyone does something, no matter how big or small, change will come.
after all, it is only the people who can bring about change.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is really good, sortof a jaw dropping but gripping story/poem
I like the flow of it, sortof like someones yelling it or saying it sarcasticly, which is good
nice job, 100/100

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3941 Views
104 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 10 Libraries
Added on February 27, 2011
Last Updated on February 27, 2011

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Songs of Colour Songs of Colour

A Poem by OT


I I

A Poem by Robin