A mother's tears

A mother's tears

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

When a life is lost in war. Someone is heart broken somewhere.

"

                                     


 


                             A mother's tears


There is nothing as beautiful as a mother and a child.

I watched a mother holding and singing to her baby.

"I love you my baby. No-one will hurt you.

Mama will buy a soft little bed to rest your small body."



Can we see beyond the color of the skin?

Will we hate because their religion is not same as ours?

Will we close our eyes to help someone in need

because the pain isn't ours to feel?



The mother looked out a window. She see a dirty city.

So many helpless people with no place to go.

She bring her baby closer and kisses her baby head.

She sings "I love you my sweet baby,

I pray for the day when the world is safe for you.

Everyone had a fair chance."



The rain drops are acid rain.

Violence is a normal thing in this world.



 Another soldier die.

Somewhere tears are falling for the soldier.

He was someone son who mother's tears will never stop.



























A young woman prayed.

"God, protect my baby for the world is cold and heartless.

keep my baby safe from the hate and violence.

Please lord of life and death allow my child to grow strong

and have a fair chance at a good life.

Lord keep my baby safe for she is my world
and I would empty and alone without her
."


 Tears falls from the young woman eyes.

The view from her window of a world falling apart.

She knew her tears for her baby has just began.



                           Coyote

                         Oct 2008

 

 

© 2011 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
We need a world where people are safe and we don't sent our children to war at eighteen to learn death before love and life possibilities.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A young man here in N. Michigan was just 18 and died in Afghanistan. I live by the airport and learned his motorcade was going down my road.. I took my 17 year old son out there and we waited for them.. The faces, the tears, and the length of that procession was heart wrenching.. I cried for them all.. I so agree with you that they don't get a chance to learn life before they are hit with death..xxx Great write... and thank you for sharing..x

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is truly a poignant poem. The world has always been dangerous but lately things definitely seem to be taking a turn for the worst. I worry that my children would have to go to school in stab-proof vests. Sadly, the human race does not care for the protection of its progeny as a whole, only their own-- those who are killed are children of their parents, but those who kill are also killing other people's children/parents. It's a sad state of life, which may never change.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very moving and painful poem. Very good pen on this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The world is indeed a harsh place to bring up a baby. Death takes a life, it is someone's son of daughter. Sad but true story in a poem. Well said.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i don't know what to say...i'm really speechless while reading this... this piece is highly emotional...and i really like it

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This touched me very deeply....my soul was moved by the emotion in this piece. War ruins lives of everyone on any side. The way you wrote this piece, my soul cried a thousand tears reading it. I will forever have this with me. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

God never created man to have him raise children to die, before they live. I HATE WAR!! Many orphans are overseas and looking for penpals. That has to be the worst feeling, because they have no one whom will cry for them. Too many mothers have cried, already. But, our orphans; who will cry for them? Great write!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

it 's beautifully scribed, the images of mother and child, very clear pictures in my mind, this is truly a special write...thanks for the reviews your always one of the first I get and it's much appreciated..

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So true...I don't know what else to say besides that....but very true, and excellent job of writing it...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very heart felt poem! Each day someone's heart is breaking for someone who is off at war, wondering when the world will be at peace and a better place!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A very thoughtful piece. It does seem that the world seems to have some kind of constant war going on. Whether it be over land disputes, oil reserves, overthrowing a dictatorship or other reasons.
It beggars belief that in this day and age, with all of the technology we have and all of the great thinkers that no resolution can be found. It's a crying shame.

Sadly I think that humanity is destined to be in a constant flux of war because one side refuses to see the other as equals, whether this is based on creed, colour, intelligence or religion there are always going to be underdogs who will be bullied.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2532 Views
70 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on April 28, 2011
Last Updated on April 28, 2011

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..