The Water, Sky and  the Earth    chapter nine      Coyote dreams

The Water, Sky and the Earth chapter nine Coyote dreams

A Chapter by Coyote Poetry
"

With the journey into dreams. The real nightmares may appear. The dreamer can see the truth. Some truth is filled with death and terror.

"
        "You have driven me from the east to this place, and I have been
         here two thousand years or more...My friends, if you took me
         away from this land it would be very hard for me. I wish to die in
         this land. I wish to be an old man here...I have not wished to
         give even a part of it to the Great Father. Though he were to give
         me a million dollars I would not give him this land."
       Standing Bear of the Poncas

      "If a man step his feet into a lake. Create movement that will expand
       and grow. One strong voice can light the fire of many to stop hate and
       war.  Will it take a million deaths for man to realize? Every life is important.
       We need to find peace with each other and nature before we only
       leave death and doom for the next generation."
                                                             Coyote  

























John Coyote got station at Fort Ord, Ca. The orders for Korea were canceled. He drove to Monterey in the Spring of 1976.  He loved the coastline. He missed his new friends. He held many doubts about life and religion. He was born poor and wanted to allow the past to fade away. He arrived at his new unit. He made quick new friends. He loved to drink and raise hell. USA was falling apart. No jobs, a lot of people lost jobs and all their money in the economy going to s**t.

Padget  from Maryland was his best friend. They would drive to Big Surf and drink every weekend.  Raised hell and hung with the musicians. Padget believed in no rules. He lived for the moment and tested life every chance he could. Coyote did not tell Little Wolf he wasn't in Korea. He wanted to see what life could be.

Padget, Coyote and  three Soldiers went to Santa Cruz. A old country boy name Red from Virginia wanted to do the acid. Coyote volunteer to be the watcher. When you do dangerous drugs. Must have one person to maintain control. They met the contact on the beach boardwalk. A couple dollars a hit. Padget bought $80 worth. They go to the  Santa Cruz beach. Padget, Red and Hanley took three hits and put them under their tongue. Coyote watched them. They were calm and peaceful till Red got up and ran for the sea.

He was yelling "Death was here for him".  Coyote saw nothing in  the sea at first.  Coyote and Hanley tried to hold Red from going into the cold night sea water. Coyote looked up and saw a man 40 feet into the water edge. Just standing there with a small guitar and singing. The man was well dressed. Like he was ready to play a concert somewhere. Coyote went to the man. He asked what do you want?  The man answered the question with a a smile. "I don't want you. You are dirty with hate and ain't done raising hell. You have a lot of time Dreamer.  You are special. Few people can live  in  hate and disappointment like you do."

Coyote repeated the question. "What do you want and who are you?" The old man smiled and seem to dance in the water. He touched Coyote shoulder and told him. " The dreamer can't see the Undertaker when he is standing in the front of you. I will forgive you today. You are young. I promise the next time you will know me. I like you my friend the Dreamer. I can't have Red tonight. Tomorrow  you can't save him. I want to give you a gift. I will sing you a song."

He begin to play the old small guitar and sing. " My love she speaks like silence. Without ideals or violence. She doesn't have to say she's faithful. Yes she's true, like ice, like fire.
People carry roses, Make promises by the hours, my love she laughs like the flowers. Valentine can't buy her."

Coyote heard Padget yelling "Get out of the water." He turned away from the man. When he turned back. The man was walking into the sea. He turned and give a big wide smile and told Coyote. "I like you. I will answer one question for you. Any question you want to be answers". Coyote ask what is the purpose of life? The Undertaker answer. "F*****g".




 
























 Coyote went to his friends. He loaded them into his truck and they drove back to Fort Ord. in silence.  He and Padget went to the Seaside beach alone. Padget asked what the old crazy man want? Coyote smile and told him he was death. Wanted to take Red to hell. Padget laughed and told him you sure you didn't take any acid? Coyote did not now why the Undertaker called him the dreamer? The crazy old Indians and now this crazy man of the sea told him. His dreams can come true. Padget handed him some small paper. Padget told him. Put then under your tongue and allow them to melt.


Coyote put the acid into his mouth. Within minutes his vision was different. The ocean was larger. Padget was too loud. He started to walk to Monterey on the empty night beach. Coyote begin to see ghosts and hear the whisper of the sea. He sat down on some rocks. Fall into a quick sleep.

Coyote is walking alone. The city was quiet. He is back home in Detroit. He goes to his parent house. He goes into the bedroom of his parent house. He smell death. His mother and stepfather are dead. Have been dead for days. He make some coffee and read a old newspaper. Nuclear attacks in  Asia and Africa in March 2020 have sent death to every corner of the world.  The article stated all war had ended. World is trying to stop the death. The article stated death will be slow for the people away from the nuclear attack. The writer of the article stated. The lucky one's died in seconds. Rest of world is dying slow and painful.


 Coyote looked up. The Undertaker is across from him. Coyote asked do you want a coffee? The Undertaker smiled and told him a lot of sugar and creams please." Coyote came back and gave the coffee to the old man. The old man told him thank you.  Coyote asked is it my time? The undertaker smile. "Yes it is. You did well for me. You had the gift of dreams and did not do nothing. You could of done something. You did nothing for fear of failure and disappointment. One man or woman can cause a wave of change. Your wasted words and no effort left me with a easy job taking the cattle to hell." 


Coyote awake from the yelling in his face of Padget. Padget asked where the f**k were you?
He smile and told him. I'm going to Mexico and see Little Wolf. I need to understand what I see. I need to know what is real or lies. Padget smile and told him. Only whiskey for you now. You are f*****g crazy.


Coyote is driving to Mexico. He believed maybe one person can create a wave of change. The Undertaker had gave him advice. Maybe the Undertaker need the people alive to have his purpose.


                                    Coyote
                                   1977   


 






© 2011 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Finally a new chapter. At my pace I will have this story done in 10 years. Any mistakes. Please assist. Never too old to learn.
Coyote

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You have a very distinctive writing style, kind of Cajun and I can hear that accent in all you write.
There's truth in that and there's truth in what you write. I wonder where in your writing where the fiction begins and the honesty is put to the side for a while.

It is engrossing to read these snapshots of a past that may or may not have been. I wonder where the path splits or ends and look forward to finding out more.

Few spelling mistakes, but do not change the grammar. Even though it flies on the face of convention, it is your voice. By changing the grammar it will change the telling of the story, it would lose something irreplaceable.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"If a man step his feet into a lake. Create movement that will expand
and grow. One strong voice can light the fire of many to stop hate and
war." Loved this line more than you can imagine Coyote!

What a ingenious way to phrase this age old tale of death and his wishes! I enjoy the sentiment you implied in this piece...how death is an old man with a don't care attitude and a jolly laugh cause things're always going his way!! You are a very clever writer my friend and this was absolutely aweing!! Nicely done...

~M.Babu~

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This my friend is powerful. I mean it I really enjoyed reading this and I thank you for giving me the chance to find this. While I have never done any hard or "soft" drugs I can relate to death because of my own experiences. I really like the personification of death that you gave us it I could really see him in my mind.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great...!!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote, you can write in all forms and that is art :) This takes the reader to such heights and such depths!
It is left on a hanger...I for one love this!
xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this story is great! i think it needs no embellishment . the characters are real and i can identify with them and their experiences. loads of fun, very prophetic and very nicely written.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

an interesting adventure my friend...you have captured the audience...

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is amazing! You put my work to shame! The details and descriptions are out of this world awesome! Coyote, I cannot begin to tell you how well-writte this is!!! I have always loved the beauty of your words and I doubly love your novel and chapters! Great, great work! Much love to you!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love the adventure telling in your story, well written!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Excellent writing...you are unmatched in story telling..so authentic..this was engaging from beginning to end...you always bring out the messages in such a real way...superb writing...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great story telling. Your story has alot of meaning, and I enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1612 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 14, 2011
Last Updated on October 31, 2011


Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Heart in Hand Heart in Hand

A Poem by OT


Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by OT