The Water, Sky and the Earth. Chapter 10. Roadtrip with Morningstar.

The Water, Sky and the Earth. Chapter 10. Roadtrip with Morningstar.

A Chapter by Coyote Poetry
"

In my lifetime. I met people who held power. I was amazed at their knowledge. Sometime warning come when you don't expect them.

"
     "They made us many promises, more then I can remember, but
      they never kept but one: they promise to take our land, and they
      took it."
                         Unknown





















          "The Gulf of Mexico  has billion gallons of oil suffocating the animal life.
           Poor Japan had nuclear plants sending poison into the sea.  The Native
           American pray and cried for the land, sea and air. Everyday one animal is
           lost forever. The trees are being cut down that allow us to breathe and eat.
           Old wise Native American fear. White man won't be happy till all that is beautiful
           is gone."
                                          Coyote


Coyote took Highway 2 to Mexico. He passes Monterey. He loved the city. They called him the Poet in the city. He carry his poetry books and read poetry at all Poetry readings. He wanted the young people to think and describe life and emotion. He was called the old man of poetry. He looked in the truck mirror. His 19 year face was tire and old already.

He saw at a distance. A beautiful woman in a long summer dress. She was hitchhiking. He smiles and told himself. She looked safe. I hope. He stopped his truck and asked. Where are you going? She smile and told him. "I'm going to Big Surf."

Coyote told her get in. He asked does she have any possessions. She told him. Only what I need. She worn a small backpack. Her auburn hair flowed down her back. Her slim tan body was beautiful. The summer dress did not hide her body. She was in her late twenties.

He asked her.  Her name. She told him. "I have many names. For you. You can call me Morningstar." Coyote asked are you of Native American blood. She smile and told him. " I was born here when the land was empty. I saw great things and have lived for a long time now. My tribe is forgotten. Only the spirit are left to remind the one's with vision what is important. My  tribe was the Cayuse. We are lost and forgotten in the wind."

Coyote reached and touched her arm. She took his hand. Moved it to her face and to her hair. She smiles. Told him. "I'm not a ghost. I have many names. Some call me Nagual, I'm called a herbalist in Mexico. I have been accused of being a shift changer by many."

Coyote asked "Why are with me today? I'm no-one. I have too many damn questions that can't be answered. Number one. Are you testing my common sense. "  She touches his head and neck. She told him. " You are the dreamer. You have the ability to see the future. In the days of my youth. The dreamers told us not to truth the white man. We did not listen. Our innocent was our weakness. We did not believe the white man would kill off the population to take our land. They murder and killed without thoughts. We learn too late to listen to the dreamer. Few people are born that can see the world with the real vision. Most go mad before they learn to control."

Coyote asked. "You are real in appearance and I can touch you. How can it be you have lived this long? It is not possible."  She look at the sea. Told him. "Life is simple. The water, sky and the earth is what we need.  The earth move in constant rotation  and there are many mysteries few can see. You took the medicine to open your mind this morning. You have open a door to a new world. I came to you to help you understand. Don't allow fear to control your thoughts now. You need to see Don Francis and drink the peyote tea in ration. The dreams will be stronger and you will understand your gift. The Native Americans have the responsibility to try to save what is left. The time is limited. Your dreams have told you this already."

Coyote see the River Inn. He asked Morningstar would she like some food. She smiles. Told him. "To eat food would be wonderful again." She reached over and kissed him many times. She whisper a quiet prayer.
                   " Protect my brother.
                    Allow the four winds to show him the way.
                    Give him wisdom and strength.
                    Allow him to dream without fear." 

Coyote parked the truck and walked to the passenger  door.
Morningstar was gone. Coyote walk around asking did they see a woman in a summer dress with auburn hair. The people of the River Inn were use to crazy folks. Allowed him to stand in confusion.










   









He drank some Irish beer and ate lunch at the River Inn at Big Surf. Coyote thought he was losing his mind. He whispered "Damn acid screwing me up.  I need to get to Little Wolf and Don Francis before I lose my mind."

At the Tijuana border. The guards waved him through. He got out of the city very quickly.  He drove into the desert and saw a man.  A old man sitting on a rock. It was Don Francis. He stopped and asked "What are you doing so far from home Don Francis?"

Don Francis gave his kind and hopeful smile. Told him "I was waiting for you. A old friend whisper you were coming today." Coyote asked who told you I was coming today?

Don Francis told him. "No secrets when the spirits of life and earth are involved. I'm here to take you home and make you stronger. Little Wolf is waiting for you. She has a good meal for you." Don Francis pour a cup of tea and give the tea to Coyote.

Coyote smile and felt peace again. The cranberry tea was good. He thanks Don Francis for being here and waiting.

Don Francis touches Coyote shoulder. Told him.  "To be strong need many teachers. Will make many mistakes. Need a safe place to rest. You must be strong and write down the dreams. Dreams can be changed. But need people with strong minds and a lot of energy to accomplish"

The last three hour were in silence. He felt safe being with Don Francis. He wonder did Don Francis know of Morningstar? Best question  left to mystery. Coyote loved the desert. The beauty made him thankful for this day.


 

                                  Coyote


© 2011 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Any error. Please assist. Never too old to learn.
Coyote

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Another nice piece of imagery in the journey. Have you ever read any of Neil Gaimans the Sandman graphic novels? If not, you may benefit from them. Sandman is the lord of dreams and you write in a similar fantastical quality.

Yes there are spelling mistakes and when you come back to this in a week or two you will find them, as mentioned before. Any grammatical errors need to be kept because it is the voice of the teller.



Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

the mystical is at times a reality and so we must take the message brought forth to better ourselves and the world...nice story

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I truly can envision this from start to end. What a beautiful story..and I know that the four winds whisper to us what we need when we need it:) xx I love it Coyote. A beautiful story..x

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A truthful alliance of feeling with a slightly uneasy handshake with emotion, well done Coyote, well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very sad and true.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1420 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 15, 2011
Last Updated on October 31, 2011


Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Peace Peace

A Poem by Coyote Poetry