Blue eyes

Blue eyes

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

A very old poem. A wise man always speak with love and kindness to the woman he loved.

"




























                  Blue eyes

A blue eyed angel is crying for me.
In the turmoil of a kind love.
The paradise of burning and powerful emotion.
It can create a strange prison.

I hold her too tightly.
Then I don't hold her enough.
The fine line of give and take.
Held on by a few words.

I tried to speak softly.
I don't want to create a wall of hate and separation.
When the fire of disappointment is upon us.

I close my eyes.
I whispered to my love.
"Let's stop this craziness. Let's sit together.
I need to feel you next to me. To  stop the anger and hurt.
Let's tear down the wall of hate and disappointment. Before the safety of
our love can't be repaired."

She falls into my arms.
I whispered. "In a nightmare you didn't love me anymore. You were my only
sweet dream. And I stood alone and watched you leave my life. I fell down and could
not get up."

"I allowed you leave my life. I didn't want to make you feel unwanted.
 You were my only wish. I would drown in sadness then to hold you as a
prisoner in a love you did not desire.
For your sweet love have given peace to a man running in circles,
till he looked into your beautiful blue eyes."

My blue eye lady kissed my lips and brought me close.
Told me. " You are my only love. You have taught me love is kind and good. Open doors with gentle touches to a new world. Love is hard and need two strong people holding on tight. Love can make us crazy. We need to be kinder and celebrate our time together."

I brought my blue eyed angel closer. I kissed her hands and told her. "I will always love you. The vision of you dancing to Leonard Cohen and allowing a foolish man into your life. I will always remember."

My beautiful lady whispered. " I will always be a safe place for you. I will love you forever and a day."

Lessons are many in  life.
 
Love brings love.
Kindness brings kindness.
Some words are best left un-said.
For words can break a heart forever.

                                Coyote
                              1981


© 2011 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Written in 1981. Any errors. Please assist. Never too old to learn.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Que
Love this poem, it is so sweet and wholehearted: the reader can very easily see that the two truly loved each other.

One thing you should recheck are some verbs. For example at the end, it should say "love brings love" and "kindness brings kindness" etc.
And I'm not really sure, but I think it should be written as 'blue eyed angel'. Don't really know if that's correct though. :)

Anyway, beautiful poem!
Cheers.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I enjoyed the poem and the simplicity and flow picture an innocence ebbing between insecurity and trust. And I could feel the insecurity ebbing away as you bring 'conversation' into the poetry...

Very nice

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I wish I could write as well as you. You truly are amazing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem is very beautiful to me, both as a blue-eyed girl myself, and as a long-term lover. Your words speak out to me, and I can definitely relate. I kept seeing my boyfriend and myself in my mind's eye as I read this. You are lucky to have known love such as this.

I enjoy seeing all the pictures you include in your poetry.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"I hold her too tightly.
Then I don't hold her enough."

Ain't that the damn truth? Very intense. The first thing that came to mind after I read this poem was a quiet, sad wondering on what moments of my life I could have again and what moments I'm happy to say happened. You teach a lesson without sounding like a teacher, but like a man who wishes to share his experiences.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful. Just....beautiful. I don't know how else to describe it. It's really beautiful.
The picture really adds to the poem. Keep up the creativity!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can't even being to explain how wonderful this poem is. It has broken up lines and isnt flowy, yet somehow it works in such a beautiful way. It explains the turmoil of love and how it begins to get lost, and how two lovers can find that excitement again if they look deep within themselves. Beautiful write, definitely saving this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love is blatant and emotions of adoration are overt. The simplicity of the vocabulary, the images and instructions gives the reader the possibility to relate with the poem easily and to feel the romance you tried obviously to create. I like it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A great lover in an armed man.Wonderful
yoursJVL

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Painful, Flawless, Beautiful.
Thank you for sharing your life experience through your amazing poetry.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Some really amazing lines in here...such as.."You were my only sweet dream." and "In the turmoil of a kind love/The paradise of burning and powerful emotion/It can create a strange prison."

Although it definitely need some simple grammatical corrections it is a very good poem that you should really try and revisit/work on some more.

I love the idea and how it was expressed.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3252 Views
93 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 8 Libraries
Added on July 23, 2011
Last Updated on July 26, 2011

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..