My siren

My siren

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Sometime we need beauty and mystery to keep our hope alive.

"
                  





           














   My Siren

  The cold days of winter leave me longing and yearning for the hot days of summer.
 
  The winter days bring back the memory of our closure of our time together back to my bleeding heart.
 
  I been treading in the corridor of agony and bounded to want the elixir of your sweet kiss.
 
  In hallucinated dreams caused by too much tequila. I'm at your balcony. You come to me in your cotton white nightgown and seduced my soul  and mind with  your beautiful blue eyes. You drop your nightgown and show me your perfect body and open your arms bringing  me into your warm bed.  You put me under your sweet spell.
 
  Tantalizing long and passionate kisses lead us to the hunger and  into  the bliss of love.
 
  The twilight bring lovers entrenched in the fortune of youth and the hunger to dance in the sweet rendezvous of lust and passion.
 
  My surreal dream fall apart when the night fade into daybreak.  The trance of the tequila wear down and the promise of a Siren who titillated my life fades away to keepsakes and sweet memories savor in the manifest dreams of a old man.
 
  I sit by the sea and wait for the sun to rise. I feel the cold of Pacific ocean at my feet.
 
  The corridors of doors left behind crumble with time.
 
  Age taught me to hold my lover tighter. To serenade my lover with sweet music of thankfulness. To smooth lovers with  words of love and passion.
 
  The beautiful woman we hold and sacrifice our soul for. Are the memories that will pacify our heart when the cold of winter comes.
                        Coyote
                     January 19, 1989

© 2011 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A old poem. I hope you enjoy. Any mistakes. Please assist. Never too old to learn.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was great. Honestly I'm not a big fan of the structure...or lack thereof though. Your request for corrections is necessary. There are mistakes:

"I been treading" should read "I HAVE been treading" or "I've been treading" (5)

This is the main error through out the poem, the inconsistency of your tenses. Some are past some are present. I think some work needs to be done on this. You are capable of better honestly. Although I did enjoy reading it and your language and imagery was good, there are some things that need to be fixed and reworked and I think you could do well with this if you edit it.

Oh and here's an idea that popped in my head, hoped you were gonna do this when i saw the first line but you didn't and I was like ":(" Contrast the longing for summer in winter, with a longing for winter in summer, which then leads you back to your memories. For instance "The cold winters days leave me longing for the warm embrace of the summer sun. The smothering embrace of the burning sun leaves me reminiscing on winter's delight. I fade through the memories of us together etc etc" Just an idea. Hope this helps!


Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Beautiful text and I love the fall " The beautiful woman we hold and sacrifice our soul for. Are the memories that will pacify our heart when the cold of winter comes"

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

brilliant lines

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
V
sounds like a passionate short story rather than a poem. but maybe just a very different piece of poetry. i like the way its written and the way you closed it. very good ending :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Another beautiful write.

The beautiful woman we hold and sacrifice our soul for. Are the memories that will pacify our heart when the cold of winter comes.

Both sweet and full of heart. Unfortunately not all men view the woman they love so highly. Its nice to see that sentiment, with beautiful images that wrap around the mind creating a wonderful world full of beauty and hope.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The last couple of lines are gorgeous. Thank you for this splendid, soulful piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It seems to me that it is about what is stable and tangible that we must hold on to in order to get us through the pain of disillusionment. The focus on gain rather than loss.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Enjoy reading all your work..!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Age taught me to hold my lover tighter." I love this line, I think it spoke to me the most. That's a lesson I am slowly learning. Also- (the corridors of doors left behind crumble with time) this is a powerful image.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

an excellent piece of poetry.... well expressed and wonderfully penned!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh my! This was amazing! Great piece. Definitely will be reading this one again!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2860 Views
84 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 16, 2011
Last Updated on September 20, 2011

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Her Her

A Poem by OT