Do we care?

Do we care?

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Another mother tried to kill her children. She had no food. They had no shoes. Something is wrong with the USA.

"

LAREDO, TX (KGNS/CNN) - A desperate Texas mother who was denied food stamps is dead after taking a state welfare worker hostage and then taking her own life.

According to police, Rachell Grimmer walked into a Laredo, TX welfare office with her two children Monday and pulled a gun. Over the course of the seven-hour standoff, Grimmer released her hostage but then fatally shot herself and wounded both of her children.

"They were all barefoot," said Esther Jaimes, who saw the family waiting at a gas station in October. "They looked dirty, like they hadn't showered in days, and the little girl was holding a puppy."

"They were just looking around just trying to see if anyone would help them or something," she said.

The family of three moved to Laredo in July and lived in a small RV in extreme poverty.

"She was in a desperate need for help in order to feed her children, which I witnessed needed food and shelter," Jaimes said.

Grimmer's two children are in critical condition at a San Antonio hospital.

Copyright 2011 KGNS via CNN. All rights reserved.



                Do we care?


One more life is lost.

I'm  pissed off.


A mother desperate for help.

Chose death for herself and children.

Is this the USA?


The woman was barefooted and her children too.

Hungry and desperate the mother tried to kill her children

and took her own life.


People who saw her.

Said she just wanted food and help.

I'm sadden and I must do something.


No excuse for one child to be hungry.

No excuse for one mother to be homeless.


In the LAND OF THE FREE.

The leaders got a big pay raise.

1.2 billion for house Rep. to eat and sleep.

Every leader in Texas need to be held accountable.

Every person who knew this woman should of done something.


1.2 trillion on police actions.

People need real leaders.


I can't think.

I don't understand?

How did we allow this mother to think death was better then

life for herself and her children?


It is time.

For the USA to demand common sense.

Before me or you could be standing with nothing.

Hungry and desperate.


I pray someone would assist you.


                      Coyote

             Dec. 2011

© 2011 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
This is very scary. Look up woman kill child. Over 300 deaths will show up. When a mother who loved and raised a child. Decide death is better then life. Our world is screw up.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Cayote,

Thanks for sharing of the poem. I second it! When we talk about politics is never going to end. Our government, they do not give a damn about the homeless, the lower class, the hunger, etc. I am so sick of everything that is happening to this country. That is why, I became an independent party due to the fact neither one of them care. I have the data how much money our goverment spent for unnecessary, while there are so many people in our country are suffering. Our goverment is not using the money wisely and is not using common sense. They don't give a damn! Sorry my language, but I speak from my heart. I agree with all your comments. Thanks again for sharing!

C

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Our world is screwed up. This is so sad, and makes me feel so helpless. The best we can do is, do our part, help out where we can. If enough people take this attitude, change can come. Thank you for your inspirational words.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There are so many horrible and tragic stories in the news right now during these hard times, the worse the world gets the more situations like these that happen. It does seem like those in power have no hearts and only care about themselves and there's. That's true in every country. It's like they have no hearts or souls, perhaps they view citizens as worthless and only a means to their betterment.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The best part of this poem is also the worst. IT IS REAL! And it is really happening in our own back yard, infront of our noses. While we shop for our presents.
We gladly send millions of dollars and men and women to foreign lands to help them, on information that was exaggerated to say the least. While our own people starve!
Democracy for all! We will help our fallen. Unfortunatley, I have seen too many wounded warriors loose everything waiting for help.
Yet still we wait for fat and greedy men and women in power who give them selves raises and bonuses year in and year out, yet do not do thier jobs!!
In a private sector, they would have been fired.
They take money from lobbyist, in the real world this is called a BRIBE!!
We live in a time of a BOUGHT GOVERNMENT, whose policies and practices go to the highest bidders.
While Our people STARVE!!
They ask the protesters to state a goal or a clear reason as to why? Please someone tell me ONE thing wrong with this country today! Maybe then they can all protest for the same thing.
They want the protesters to abide by a deadline, yet they themselves have not passed a federal budget in what, 2, 3 years?
Women and Men, Mothers, and Fathers, are paying the ultimate price. As unenployment continues to rise. Inflation does too. However wages do not keep up. Parents like the woman in this story, are hopeless, and helpless. And the American public has become so desensitized, it is so FREQUENT!!!
We see more and more homeless, because it is not as easy as just going and getting a job!
There simply are not always jobs to be had.
This mother, I cannot imagine, came to this choice first.
How painful, no that word would not scratch the surface!
How heartbreaking! it must be to watch your children starve, barefoot, almost Christmas. Then to have someone who has the power to help you tell you that they simply can't or won't!
I cannot imagine this choice.
Coyote, you have given us a very striking poem. One that hits to the core of the issue you are writing about. You delivered it with precision and grace, recognizing the struggle that affects many Americans today.
Land of the Free indeed...
Thank you Coyote!
And thank you to all who have taken the time to read my rant. I do apologize for its length.
UKV~

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a truly tragic story. This is where the politicians and world leaders have brought us. We are no longer the land of the free and the home of the brave. All the people of the world are nothing more than pawns for those in power to play with as they see fit. They have no mercy but they do have all the power.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dear God, this is so terrible! What kind of civilisation has Man created that a desperate woman could behave that way! Poor woman. What kind of madness exists in a world when the gap between wealth and poverty widens hour by hour by hour. And if those dear little children live, what kind of future's ahead of them?

People like your dear self reads these tragedies, writes about them, weeps about them but, in a few days - if not before, there'll be a similar case and then a few days after, yet another .. and another. And it's not just in your country these things happen but everywhere.

Civilisation has a lot to answer for - in fact, it's lost its damned voice, in fact - it's dying. We all ought shout a lot more, it's the only way; as long as the man in the street accepts, cries a few tears then carries on with life, those in so-called power will carry on lining their pockets whilst other mothers live and die in hell on earth.

John, thank you for being so full of heart.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is very sad. good details on their bare feet and then nice turn writing how it could be me or you next.


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Kim
Such a heart tugging write, I could feel this write and it is so sad.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This brought tears to my eyes...poverty is becoming more and more common here. I read an article about the results of the recent US census, half of the country is living at or below poverty level. And the rich keep getting richer. The system is not working and needs to be changed. Thank you for bringing awareness to this. I'm angry and still crying, no one deserves to end up in this situation.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree wholeheartedly. That is just not fair.
Well written

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

963 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 18, 2011
Last Updated on December 25, 2011

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mercy Mercy

A Story by Coyote Poetry