The blue eyed girl

The blue eyed girl

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

A old poem with a rewrite from 1992. I found a book with loads of unpublished poetry. From 20 years ago. I was free and mad. I wish I had some of the madness today.

"
             













           










The blue eyed girl

"When you got nothing to lose.
Can't fall too far my friends."
I told a group of Poets outside the Monterey book store.

A blue eyed girl with hair of auburn stood her ground.
Told me. "Ain't over till the Devil open the door to hell for you."

She took my hand and we wandered to the wine and beer store.
Bought some good Canadian beer and  whiskey.
She was dressed in a long colorful summer dress. Allowing her tan shoulders
to be seen and appreciated.

She looked into my eyes and whispered. "The night is long. The star are bright. Time for two people to rewrite some history."

I laughed and held her hand tight as we walked to  Monterey Bay.
My mind was thinking.
"I want to be loved by the blue eyed girl.
Who gives me smiles and can make me laugh."

I listened to her stories. 21 years of life without fear. She spoke of escaping without her sanity many times. She told me. I wanted to test life and see what was real?

The blue eyes girl knew me. I read three times a week in the city of Monterey and Pacific Grove.. I liked drink and laughter. She knew my hunger wasn't to use her or run to another. I just wanted to wander with the blue eyed girl who danced by the light of the moon. Who could drink the whiskey and sing some song.

The blue eye girl lays in my arms. Told me. "Somebody must see the truth. The waste and the abuse. We must test the rules. Break down the barriers of lies that surround us. Don't listen to the hypocrites who cried in disappointment when the people found out the truth."

We drank and danced by the moon light. Ran the the empty beaches. We danced with the demons and the spirits needing our energy. We were not afraid for a moment.

I was told. Jesus would save me. Work till you die. Forget old dreams and focus on real life. I rather find alive spirits without no fear. Better to tell the world to f-off then fall down and beg.

We danced the dance of insanity. My blue eyes girl told me, "Time for some good living. Time for us to free climb every mountain we are near. Time for us to roll with the waves in the ocean. Time to find people not afraid of laughter and fun. Life is short. Better to trick the God's. Make them think we have no fear. Death will come. Better to run into hell then crawl into heaven."

The whiskey and beer cans we collected. Me and my blue eyed girl will wander to Big Surf. Daylight was coming. The powerful sun was rising from the east. I kissed and held my blue eyes girl. I made a secret wish for this time never to end. But I knew then.

Blues eyes girls and freedom are rare.


                          Coyote
                          1992




© 2012 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
I found a old book I wrote wandering the coastline. A lot of memories and stories in the book. I hope you enjoy. Any mistakes please assist a old man. Never too old to learn.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That's pretty amazing. And it's cool that you found those :)
Fredom is rare, an it is best to be a stubborn b*****d than eat dirt to please others. Let's run to Hell, instead of crawling to Heaven!
sounds like a chant the young and stupid would use to do stupid stuff XD



Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You can always describe a moment with such precision, Coyote. Awesome work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

D****t that's beautiful . . . I read this and felt choked up with tears.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amazing job, beautifully written. It was a pleasure reading, I encourage you to continue writing pieces like this :) xoxo

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow... Beautiful poem Coyote. Absolutely loved it. Can't wait to read more.

~Alex

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So many emotions expressed in this poem! Feelings of love, regrett, longing, anger all intwined together! Excellent read!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The blue eyed girl embodies the freedom to live life to its fullest and to find beauty in the most simple of things that we take for granted. Like the sound of the ocean waves crashing upon the shore line or the sound of birds singing sweet melodies perched on a tree these are affirmations of life and its rythmic beauty and your poem took me there on that journey with you and your blue eyed girl. Great read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Myself,as a Christian,found this sad. No one crawls into heaven. You fly into Heaven with new wings. In your life you crawl into hell unless you believe. It may sound like a child's bedtime story,which ive questioned from time to time,but i know its not and i was saved. That's when I knew someday I'd fly into Heaven with my new wings

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i love the line "better to run into hell than to crawl into heaven" this is a superb piece of writing...i shouldn't worry about grammatical and punctuation errors as you are not running final drafts for publishing...i noticed that one of your reviewers had to be completely analytical and that was uncalled for. the pulp of your poetry is beautiful and a work of art...thank you for sharing with all

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

its a long time i read a poem from you
and i forgot how mesmirizing your work can be
beautifully done coyote
Loves B

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2154 Views
77 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 21, 2012
Last Updated on February 26, 2012

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..