Forgive me

Forgive me

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

I don't believe forgiveness can be given. Time is the healer. Written in 1978.

"
























Forgive me

Please forgive me for what I did to you.

I'm sorry I torture you with lies and treated
you as I did.

I was young.
Learning to love.

Finding the many mistakes young lover's can make.

I left you alone and swimming in tears and loneliness.

I hope all your thoughts of me are not filled with hate.

But filled with fond memories of two lovers learning
to touch and  to love.

Even through our ending ended in anger and sadness.
We allowed the world to separate us.

You are still a beautiful face and tender memories I can't forget.

I hope I didn't destroy your desire to love and feel.

I hope your new beginning are filled with happiness and joy.

I hope you didn't throw away all the love we held and gathers.

You came and said goodbye to me.
I was leaving Germany.
We held each other for the last time.

I whispered.
Thank you sweet lady for sharing love with a foolish man.

                   Coyote
                   1978






© 2013 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A old poem. Young people must learn to understand to be kind and gentle in the emotion of love.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"Even THOUGH our ending ended..." Not through. A few other grammatical mistakes but other than that I LOVED it! Sometimes all we have are memories. Even when the person we love or care about is long gone or no longer who they were, we can still look back at the memories and smile with a few bitter sweet tears. J'adore!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Lovely piece. I wish that all the young couples that ended badly could read this. I've had my fair share of bad endings but I did find fond memories of all of them beyond the anger and sorrow.
Some part of me imagined an old love reading this too me and it made me smile. Its sad to think that most people only remember their exes for the way it ended and not for how it began.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very beautiful and innocent. Like first love i suppose. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very sweet poem... and also very relevant to me at the moment, although I am the one of whom forgiveness is demanded. Your words at the end of the poem are very kind and selfless, I am sure they were appreciated. You have been through some tough times when it comes to love, your poetry does make that clear. But it definitely seems to have shaped your life, hopefully for the better.
[[Editorial comment: the apostrophe isn't necessary in the words "lovers" in the 7th line.]]

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem told how an love can stand the beating of life and still come out as friends. Nicely crafted!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

great writing.. You and I are building bridges over the swamps of our past loves... Finding ways to travel over the terrain of our past while still progressing and moving forward.... in short keep writing keep building bridges and I only saw one spelling error in line 8 I think you meant (though not through). :) Thanks for the medication of lyric to help me deal with my own personal Ills!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

One of your cleanest writes, Coyotes. You write exceedingly well, you convey tough emotions with the most straightforward of statements.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A tremendous write from the depths of your soul...what intrigues me that it was captured in time, yet it still stands firm today...that time and space can mean nothing when words like this expresses sentiment that most can relate too. Nicely done...Thank you for sharing, Coyote.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great, there's a lot of pathos here, it has a great flow and your words are very wise.
I particullary enjoyed these verses:
"I was young.
Learning to love.

Finding the many mistakes young lover's can make."
Even though all the poem is amazing !
Great job !

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Youth can be filled with so much self absorption that many moments of beauty can be completely missed and not understood. We all have these ghosts in our closets.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I completely agree with the perception of this poem and how people can actually relate to situatons just like this

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2805 Views
100 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on June 4, 2012
Last Updated on February 12, 2013

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Donna Donna

A Poem by Tate Morgan