Cooking Authentic Indian Food in Different Styles and for Different Occasions

Cooking Authentic Indian Food in Different Styles and for Different Occasions

A Story by CaterNinja
"

A typical Indian kitchen is known by these three key ingredients-spices, onions and garlic. The usage of these varies from dish to dish but you will definitely taste its presence in every another menu

"

A typical Indian kitchen is known by these three key ingredients-spices, onions and garlic. The usage of these varies from dish to dish but you will definitely taste its presence in every another menu item. Due to their excellent flavors they give to dishes, there is no other match to our cuisine. From curries to snacks to soups and even rice related dishes, these three kings have their own numerous health benefits.




They bring out the best in dish with the variant of cooking styles used in our country. There are different styles and each brings out certain element to the cuisine. Like the bhuno method which builds the flavor of the dish gradually. Bhuno is an important method in Indian cooking. It is the combination of sautéing, stir frying and stewing. Thanks to this method you get to enjoy rich and creamy gravies.


The next come the Dum style of cooking. It literally means cooking food on low heat. The heat trapped inside the sealed pot cooks the food. No wonder Chicken Dum Biryani and Dum Aloo are favorites among all! The 200 year old tradition uses a thick bottom pot in which food is tightly sealed and cooked over low flame. Fresh herbs and spices are used for flavoring and as the dish is entrapped the steam it retains all the aroma and flavors.


Among the above styles of cooking, yet another method which is followed in every household is tadka method. Known as tempering in English, and tadka hindi, it adds extra zingy flavor to the dish.


Grilling

To outside world, it is grilling, but to us Indians it is always tandoor. The traditional and popular method is used for making kababs and roties. In modern homes we see oven frill or BBQ grill to cook food. Although it cannot bring the authentic charcoal smoked flavor to the dish, then oven is safest for home use. The amazing part of tanddor based dishes is that they get the name of method which is used for cooking. Like tandoori chicken, tandoori kebabs, tandoori naan and so on.


Steaming

The next type of cooking method is moist heat cooking, where heat is indirectly used as a medium for cooking food. Normally, Indian dishes uses combination of both dry and moist cooking method. It is called as bhap method. This method finds its uses in morning meal cooking. Idli, modak dhokla are some of the dishes cooked with bhap method.


So here we some of the cooking method our caterers use for cooking delicious meal course for every occasion. If you are hosting an event in professional or personal life, do check out website for caterers in your budget and expectations.

© 2019 CaterNinja


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

10 Views
Added on July 31, 2019
Last Updated on July 31, 2019
Tags: Corporate Caterers, Online Catering Services Bangalo, Birthday Caterers Bangalore

Author

CaterNinja
CaterNinja

Bangalore, Karnataka, India



About
Book Online Catering Services from the best caterers in Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi and Gurgaon. Top 10 caterers in city near me, best wedding caterers, corporate caterers, event caterers, birthday party.. more..

Writing