The Smile

The Smile

A Story by Catherine L

She was waiting for him in the lounge.  She had just taken a sip of her drink and as she placed it on the bar she saw him walk in.  He came over to her and gently kissed her on the cheek then picked up her drink and helped her out of the bar stool.  There was a hint of Chanel No 5 fragrance as she stood up and at that moment he closed his eyes and took in a full breath. It was intoxicating.  He guided her to the front of the restaurant where the maître d’ showed them to their table.  He put her drink down then pulled out her chair and slowly slid it forward as she sat down.  He took off the wrap she had around her bare shoulders and laid it across the back of her chair.  She wore her hair up in a loose French twist with a few strands caressing her neck.  He sat down across from her and ordered himself a drink.  He looked into her eyes and gently took her hand into both of his hands.  He brought her hand up to his mouth and kissed the top of it all the while gazing into her eyes.   He turned her hand over and placed something in her palm, closed it and then guided it back to the table.  He let go and she turned her hand over and opened it.  She saw a pair beautiful pearl earrings.  The pearls were set at the bottom of a tear-drop shaped design crafted in platinum and had diamonds lining it all the way around.  She placed them on the table, discretely removed the earrings she had on and put on the pearl earrings.  The luminescence of the pearls and the brilliance of the diamonds complemented her silky pale complexion.  The earrings dangled as she moved her head and when the light hit them at just the right angle they shimmered.  She looked into his eyes as he said “I miss you terribly when I have to travel” and she smiled.

© 2012 Catherine L


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on November 22, 2012
Last Updated on November 22, 2012

Author

Catherine L
Catherine L

FL



About
I am native Floridian. Living by the sea is inspirational and somewhat of a mystery. As I enter the 2nd phase of my life I am filled with the desire to explore my creative side. Writing is a new.. more..

Writing
Waiting Waiting

A Story by Catherine L