Waiting

Waiting

A Story by Catherine L

The cool night sky with her dazzling stars and slight whisper beckons her to join them. She places the freshly poured glass of Champaign on the counter, removes her shoes and picks up her wrap.  Her gown, a pale shade of rose, sweeps the ground. It is strapless, which shows off her long neck and beautiful shoulders, and has a full luscious skirt dotted with crystals.  Her brown hair is pinned up loosely and she wears the pearl and diamond earrings which gently caress her neck every time she turns her head.  Her green eyes sparkle and her full lips are a deep shade of red. With her every move she exudes the faint scent of Channel No. 5.  She thought of him as she dressed for the evening.

Now in her wrap and the glass of Champaign in hand, she leaves the house and heads toward the beach.  She walks carefully on the trail that goes over the sand dune as the bottom of her gown brushes the sand.  The beach is deserted and has the faint sound of the waves as they gently kiss the shore.  The sand is still warm and it feels good as she walks toward the water.  She reaches the place where the sea and land become one and she stops.  The waves tickle her toes and the bottom of her gown is now wet and heavy as sand sticks to it. She stands and gazes out over the dark ocean.  The moon casts down her light across the water illuminating the small white caps of the gentle waves.  She follows them as they make their way to the shore.  The stars, so brilliant in the night sky, wink at her.  She raises her glass and takes a slow, long sip of Champaign.  The bubbles tickle her nose and she softly smiles.  She wonders if he is looking at the same stars as she is.  She wonders when he will be back.

© 2013 Catherine L


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on January 15, 2013
Last Updated on January 15, 2013

Author

Catherine L
Catherine L

FL



About
I am native Floridian. Living by the sea is inspirational and somewhat of a mystery. As I enter the 2nd phase of my life I am filled with the desire to explore my creative side. Writing is a new.. more..

Writing
The Smile The Smile

A Story by Catherine L