An Ode To Jim Williams

An Ode To Jim Williams

A Poem by Caustic_Dystopia

So Intertwined right from the start, not by blood, but definitely by heart.
Like a shadow I followed right behind, step by step completely spell-bind.
Your little buddy, your pocket-helper, still too young for all the helter-skelter.
With my wooden tools you made me I was a pint-sized handyman: a real life Bob the Builder saying, “Yes we can!”
Then on day that girl grew up and began to pull away. The stereotypical path of life leading her astray.
But what I’ve never told you, this secret that I’ve held has lived too long in silence and needs to be expelled.
This man I hold so very dear helped shape me into me. He showed me what a good man is and what a man should be.
And though there’s still so much to say time isn’t on my side, so before it’s gone, with a heavy heart, and bleary-eyed I’ll say…
Thank you Uncle Jim for letting me be your comrade and thank you for being the dad that I never had. 

© 2021 Caustic_Dystopia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on October 19, 2021
Last Updated on October 19, 2021
Tags: Love, family, Sad, Death

Author

Caustic_Dystopia
Caustic_Dystopia

Redmond, OR



About
Female, 26 been writing since I was 15. I prefer poetry, but I write short stories, too. Most of my poems are based off true events, or how I was feeling at the time it was written. more..

Writing