Beautiful Red Roses

Beautiful Red Roses

A Story by Sahara Mist
"

I'm having a depressing moment. Just ignore me until it passes. (laughs)

"

Watching roses fall and splash as the river guided them over its ivory borders, I felt my fingers weaken their grip on the wooden handle.  Before I knew it the knife was free, announced its arrival upon soiled tile with a clang, and its sharp bite divorced my flesh.

Reality was a bitter poison and those serving within knew how to force it down my throat.  It was no secret their disdain for me led them to this.  I never belonged, was a rat scurrying about and always under foot, and caused nothing but irritation.  I couldn’t help it though.  I just wanted them to notice me, perhaps try to pick me up and talk to me.  Such a fool I was.

My knees buckled.  I no longer wanted to fight.  It was a battle I could never win.  No matter how hard I tried I failed.  They didn’t want me to sully their reputations with my presence, words or sentiments.  I was a liability.

Growing tired I lay in the warmth spilling forth from opened veins, my blonde hair staining red, and as shifted my gaze to the hazy horizon I knew this choice was the best one I’ve ever made.  


© 2018 Sahara Mist


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on August 5, 2018
Last Updated on August 5, 2018
Tags: depression, angst, suicide, death, rejection, heartache, heartbreak, alone

Author

Sahara Mist
Sahara Mist

About
I'm a awkward girl who is quite immature though very shy and usually afraid to talk to people. more..

Writing