How to Properly Clean an Acrylic Bathtub

How to Properly Clean an Acrylic Bathtub

A Story by John Pollock

Cleaning an acrylic bathtub is easy as long as you employ the right Products. Acrylic scratches easy, so it is maybe not just a fantastic idea to work with a scouring pad or hard brush. Chemical cleaners with solvents can damage the acrylic, finally causing it to crack. To safely clean it, follow these instructions.

 

Step 1 - Preparation

Remove Everything from the bathtub, such as shampoo bottles and soap, wiping off the bottoms to eliminate any soap scum. Now is actually a good time to clean items which you utilize in your bathtub. If you get a loofah or shower sponge, then set them in your sink in warm water with a little shampoo or dish liquid.

 

Step 2 - Cleaning the Inside

To clean the inside of this  acrylic bath tub, fill it with warm water and then add three or four squirts of dish liquid. Allow it to sit for 30 minutes. Enable the bathtub drain and then apply your sponge to wipe off the residue. If you notice that you still possess any stubborn stains which did not lift during the soak, pour some baking soda onto the sponge and rub gently in a circular motion. This measure might have to be replicated several times. Rinse the face well.

 

Step 3 - Clean the Outside

Now you Could have a few stains out of services and products with dyes, such as bubble bath or shampoo. Make use of the sponge again with baking soda to lift them. Rinse and wipe out the entire surface with dish liquid applied onto a wet sponge. Then make use of the toothbrush to wash around the fixtures, along the wall, and in the corners. If there is soap scum, spray all-purpose cleaner to loosen it. If it has been a while since it has been properly used well, it could take some elbow grease. Rinse again, and dry the face with a cloth.

 

Step 4 - Polish

Polishing Your tub will restore the shine it had as it was completely new. Car polish will withstand the water and make future cleaning easy. Just rub it clean, dry the face, and wipe the top well.

 

Step 5 - Up Keep

To Maintain the bathtub looking as effective because it will after this thorough cleaning, clean Once weekly with dish liquid and a sponge. Keeping items that have blossom in them From the rim will alleviate stains. A bathroom caddy can help for the storage of These items. Repeat this process as often as needed.

© 2017 John Pollock


Author's Note

John Pollock
Acrylic tubs are becoming increasingly popular for homeowners. They have been economical in relation to tubs made from different materials and also can be bought in all kinds of designs. If you have a huge budget, or if you want to keep your costs as low as possible, these Best Acrylic Bathtub reviews are sure to enable you to select the tub that is best for you and your family.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on April 4, 2015
Last Updated on October 23, 2017
Tags: Best Acrylic Bathtub

Author

John Pollock
John Pollock

Laurens, NY



About
I a writer, blogger and a nursing student. more..

Writing