Birth Of The Mushroom King

Birth Of The Mushroom King

A Story by Cgslider
"

blah blah blah

"
     Birth of the Mushroom King 

    When the world was new, and myths were just as real as you and I lay a story as old as creation itself, a journey of a fifty thousand tales. High above flowing rivers and trickling streams were the dancing deity's play, past the demons that toiled in caves and palaces, above the monkey trapped in stone rose a mountain of beauty and mystery that floated among the clouds visible only to the court of heaven. The Mountain was so great it carried no name, rumored to be where Buda sat under the fig tree in isolation eventually carving his name into the pillars of the universe attaining enlightenment. At the top no name mountain peak rose a mushroom cloud of ashen white, dots of red from which branches formed into an appearance resembling that of a cushion of meditation. The ambient air resonated in a deep hum of tranquil worship that kept all on the mountain covered an aura of immortality.  

   Atop the cushion of immortal branches lie a crown of significant celestial energy untouched by the hands of any mortal or transcendent being. On a day no different than your own a traveling blue Jay just so happened to fly into the realm of heaven and find rest upon the crown of the immortal mountain. Smiling and chipper the blue jay sang out in out most joy as she fluttered from branch to branch that stuck out from the crown in a fanatic furry! What her lucky day! announced the blue jay, for she had never seen branches so radiant as the sun itself and solid as a crashing pool of water. In little time, she made quick work of the dismantling the crown into a smaller one resembling that of a nest. Readying herself for departure, she shook in anticipation explaining to the nearby whispering streams how amazing additions these pieces would be to her nest. 

   With one last blessing of joy, she shot off into the sky. With each beat of her wing's day turned into night and night turned into day as ferocious winds danced in her presence lifting her off the ground. Just as she left the mountain that floated equal to the heavens a nearby demon of a lesser mountain took notice of the magnificent aura that radiated from the smaller pieces of what was once the crown. In a huff of anger great enough to bring fear to any pig, the lesser Mountain Demon shot gale force winds at the blue jay. With a thunderous screech she released the crown as the winds forced her far away separating her forever from the Broken branches.  

   Many years later after the winds had settled, the broken branches of what was once part of a mystical crown floated through the sky with no directions except that of the four gods of currents. Endlessly they struggled among themselves to brings the pieces for their own selfish greed. In their overly long-drawn-out struggles to bring the pieces to them the pieces got stuck in a drifting cloud that just so happened to pass by. With little patience the four gods of the four great currents sighed in unison and with no more interest drifted away from each other turning the turbulent storm into a cooling summer breeze. So, the wandering cloud drifted once more as wondering clouds tend to do. Past valleys of shadows were dangerous beasts toiled, past mountains ranges birthed from clouds, past villages of man and rivers home to gods and dragons. 

   On the sixth day of travel the cloud had arrived back home to the valley of fruit and flowers were the mountain equal to heaven rose into the sky. As if in a surge of joy, the mountain began to shake as a warm glow began to build surrounding the area. Stronger and stronger the glow grew, with each pulse. Warmth and tranquility blossomed as if to mimic the blossom of an atom bomb.... In a blinding flash that reached the gates of heaven, the beam hit the cloud that contained the sacred branches. As if to welcome an old friend the branches joyfully embraced the mountains energy savoring every bit until the shaking slowly ceased and glow faded bring back a quit ambiance. Unexpectedly the cloud was beginning to do something very peculiar. With the absorbed essence the once whitened cloud burst into golden light spewing droplets of radiant colors at the base of the mountain. The shower lasted for many days as the rain the pored upon the ground in one spot. The spot on the lowly humble ground that the cloud had just so happened to release its water housed the body of an even more humble mushroom native to the land of the Immortal Mountain Equal To Heaven.  

   As years past and generations came and go, the once golden cloud slowly stopped spewing the sacred water as its color faded. With once last act the cloud faced the mountain and exclaimed with a thunderous boom OH HOLLY MOUNTAIN EQUAL TO THE HEAVENS!! I THANK YOU FOR THIS GIFT AND LONG LIVE THE KING!! With that the cloud vanished and to acknowledge its servitude the mountain Sent flowers of summer to retrieve the humble mushroom that had been blessed by. The flowers marched steadfast humming the rhyme of the universe as other creatures' home to the mountain came to cheer on the flowers. After days of travel the flowers had reached the peak, most gently laying down the body of the humblest mushroom on the transcendent magical branches that took form of a mat of prayer. Night had followed and the body lay cold, but all was well on the mountain as the air radiated and sung high praise. Creatures of the land joined in on the praise, bowing and cooing the most holly of songs. 

  A roar ripped across the land shaking the caves and vibrating the rivers as the once most humble of mushrooms jumped into the sky sprouting two glorious arms and two thunderous legs. In an act of Joy, the mushroom grabbed the sky ripping night into day, softly landing back on the peak, and looking down at the crown of holly branches. As he bent down picking up the crown his body changed into the most beautiful of humans stealing attention from the maidens of the heavens that cried and swooned at its beauty. Grinning slyly, he placed the crown upon his head completing the transformation. As if to honor a long-lost tradition the most beautiful of mushrooms bowed to the four cardinal directions. With formalities accomplished the mushroom looked down upon the creatures of the mountain with arms spread wide exclaiming out load IT IS I!! BIRTHED OF THE MOUNTAIN RISEN FROM THE GROUND! I AM THE KING OF THE MUSHROOMS! And so began the legend of the birth of the great mushroom king.

© 2021 Cgslider


Author's Note

Cgslider
Please enjoy

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on May 19, 2021
Last Updated on May 19, 2021
Tags: mythical, advanture

Author