Have You Ever Wondered?

Have You Ever Wondered?

A Poem by Anthony D. Howe
"

This spoken word I wrote way back. It is actually one of the first things I ever wrote that meant something to me.

"

Have you ever wondered What if?

I mean, if this hadn't happened, or if this had.  Everyone does at one point or another, I mean to dream is to err is to be human right?  I dream, of people and place, and my dreams like to come true, but I'm not always sure if that is a good thing.  Knowing what is coming can be bad.  Sometimes the dreams I want to come true don't, and it saddens me more than if I had never known the situation to be a possibility.  i dream about what life could have been like if I hadn't screwed up here, or if I had appreciated what I had more there.  Have you ever wondered, what if you had never happened, would all of the hurt that you have caused never have happened, or would someone else have caused it instead?  I've hurt people, family, friends, girlfriends, and I know that I shouldn't have, but you only hurt the ones you love right?  What if they don't hurt you in return?  Does that mean that they don't love you, or that they just don't want to hurt you?  This is where my mind wonders when I let it.  They say that you are your own worst enemy, and I have to agree.  Set me alone with myself, and in less than ten minutes, I will have thought about something that I did at some point in my life that was so bone-headed, and stupid, that I want nothing more than to go back and slap myself a few times.  I wonder in my mind, I wonder this earth, but, have you ever wondered?

© 2008 Anthony D. Howe


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey, I like it, interesting feeling to this, it's a wondering poem. I think dreams are the reflection of your true self and that if you are self-aware enough then you can be in your dreams and start to control what is going on. Dreams are kind of an adventure into the inner reality of what is taking place emotionally in your mind. Nice thought provoking poem.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Deep, and hard thoughts. A good point, but, if I might add, what if all the good things you had done, had never happened? Think about it. We all learn from our own mistakes, but what if, what if that small, simple thing you had done for someone, was taken away from them? What if that influence you had upon someone was taken away? We are what our challengers and rivals have made us, and what if you had never been there to affect someone, even in your own small way?

Even the smallest hint of a smile can change everything.

Kate

Posted 16 Years Ago


Well arent we becoming quite the every-man's Philosopher ?

I have to agree with MJ on the mechanics etc. ( while mine are no better mind you )

I enjoy this ide of you...

Blesssssssss

Posted 16 Years Ago



I both wander and wonder. I go into my head so much sometimes, so far and so deep into that rabbit hole that sometimes it's just too hard to come out to the real world. I also sometimes wonder, if I had changed just one thing back then... would someone else's mistakes never have happened? You wonder if your own selfishness or insecurities, however insignificant they seemed at the time, if they hadn't somehow triggered a butterfly effect, and screwed up the original plan of how things should go.

Do you ever wonder if you were so stupid that you messed up fate?

As for the gritty details... honey, they're called paragraphs! That Tab button...use it! I know this is just a random blurb at 4 AM, but clean it up and you could have yourself a really good blog-type thing going on here.

mj


Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 29, 2008

Author

Anthony D. Howe
Anthony D. Howe

TX



About
Heya! I've been writing for a long time, and I enjoy ever second of it. I'm a big poetry writer, and between my novel, mine and Katy's novel, and my poetry I hope to entertain you people. Happy adv.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Insomnia Insomnia

A Poem by Bubo