Existential Crisis

Existential Crisis

A Story by Chaméni-psychí(lost soul)
"

I honestly didn't know what to label this.

"
What is this misleading, artificial, entrapped, world we live in? Where is my life headed? What is my meaning or my purpose to this short life I am given? I always think this to myself as I lay at night overthinking, having a vast existential crisis, and somehow these imprudent thoughts cross my mind like a deer jumping out into the middle of a rode, at an unsuspecting car in the middle of the night. The word to get stuck on within this little bit of free writing (as I would like to call this) in which you are reading, is, existential crisis. For those who may be ignorant to the term, it’s best summed up as an individual who contemplates the meaning of life and in most cases, where their life in particular is headed. For those of you knowing the term because you have experienced such an in depth train of thought, well I open my arms to you in welcome. I guarantee that almost every individual has thought of where there life is headed and what their purpose is or their meaning in life, or the meaning of life as a whole. Any individual who opposes and refutes that they have never had an existential crisis, well, I call you out on your bluff. This thought crosses the minds of every individual whether they believe it does or not. It could be that it crosses their subconscious mind or they may just deny it completely. For myself, however, I’m quite experienced in the introspection of such thoughts. Most fear existential crises’, and I cannot revoke that I, at one point in my life, feared the profound buried thoughts that the “crisis” brings. I however, do not fear it anymore as I fear the night time, which, is a whole war I have yet to battle and conquer. I have learned to embrace the “crisis”, and to use it as a means of inspiration for art and writing. My consultation to the individuals recognizing themselves within this writing, and those who have experienced the train of thought that comes with such a deep meaning of the “crisis”, is to take the thoughts and travel with them, and see where they may go. These vast thoughts at times go down very dark and dismal alleys of the mind, but, sometimes you find that there may be a street light down one of these dark alleys, lighting up the dark unseeable crevices of the ally to show a wide open space that can be used as an inspiration or a canvas. The outlet of these thoughts that can at times be found are worth the travel through the vast deep and at times, dark thoughts. To answer my previous question at the beginning of this little free writing is quite simple...the answer is empty, blank, nothing. The answer is up to you, the reader, who may have asked themselves the same questions, or may have never thought of such things, to think about it, and come up with your own answers. Think about things in a deeper way, open your mind and explore it, hike the trail through the deepest parts of you mind. When you do this, you may begin to understand what your deeper meaning is in life, and hopefully, your purpose. Now that is something in life, to be celebrated.

© 2019 Chaméni-psychí(lost soul)


Author's Note

Chaméni-psychí(lost soul)
Ignore grammar I already know I struggle with it. But please if you read this, leave some type of comment that either helps me and is constructive criticism or is just a comment about how the writing made you feel.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on June 1, 2019
Last Updated on June 2, 2019

Author

Chaméni-psychí(lost soul)
Chaméni-psychí(lost soul)

MD



About
New to posting my writing. It's more of thoughtful free writes of my mind than short stories. more..