More than Human

More than Human

A Poem by Nameless
"

This poem is based on the story of the good Samaritan in New York who died on Sunday, April 25, 2010. Rest in peace Hugo Alfredo Tale-Yax.

"

“Blood oozing from his body, this is the homeless man who more than 20 people ignored for nearly an hour as he lay on a New York street after saving a women from being mugged.”

“Some turn their heads to look, others stop to gawk. One even lifts his body, exposing what appears to be blood on the pavement underneath him, before walking away.”

“It wasn't until after he had been lying there for nearly an hour that emergency workers arrived, and by then he was dead.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

From the jungles of Africa

To the many cities in New York

Morality has been the highest virtue.

 

Our goal has failed.

 

Do you remember the times when men would laugh?

Do you remember the times when men would cry together?

Do you remember the times when hatred was a vice?

I sure do not.

 

Brotherly hatred,

Sexually-orientated,

Perverse liars,

Unsealed gossip,

Greedy b******s,

Willful ignorance,

Is what our standard is today.

 

Self-denial,

Self-traditions,

Self-goals,

Have only created a perverse people.

A people running with the thought of self.

 

Pride now is,

Humility is the dump.

Righteousness is mocked on the ground.

 

A Samaritan is found in the dust

Righteousness by the Word of God.

All possible by the prayer of faith.

 

You don’t have to listen what I just said,

But you’ll be the ignorant bystanderd passing the Samaritan.

 

© 2010 Nameless


Author's Note

Nameless
True faith stems from the Word of God. (Romans 3:16- "So than faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.") Please share this writing of mine.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

great piece of work! I say this story and was as disgusted as you were. Thanks for the read request

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is very understandable and relate able. a few weeks ago I went on a 30mile bike ride, it got dark and I got hit by a car. Mind you I had lights flashing on my bike. The drive never stopped. 6 cars passed by and no one stopped. Luckly I was not hurt. Anyway great write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


So very true man... everyone's out for themselves, and they all couldn't give a damn about the collective that supports them. Keep it up though, I absolutely love the pure brutality of the poem, it's fantastic!

Posted 13 Years Ago


A lot of emotion and it's very powerful. I saw this on the news and thought it was terrible, thank you for writing about this. Keep it up!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very strong poem. I hadn't heard of this happening, but looking up the article and then reading your poem was just like a punch in the gut. You carried the deep emotion and disappointment in the lack of love humans have VERY well. Only comment I have is I think a typo in the last line "bystanderd" --> "bystander".

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow... well written and really well said. I most certainly listened.

Posted 13 Years Ago


tragic,moving indeed..
you are right,we all are ignorant bystanders passing the Samaritan.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, there's really a lot expressed here. It breaks your heart when this sort of thing happens, why are people all such selfish slobs? UGH. Unfathomable. The point is, this poem contains just enough conscience to remind us that we are human and through that we all have a responsibility to take care of our fellow man. I'm sure this brother is being taken care of on the other side; may peace be with him.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i cant believe people would just walk away like that. its unbelievable.!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thats horrible .. a thought that our society will so easily turn a blind eye to those in grave danger, esically those who aid offers sufferign to become victims themselves, the idea of this repulsises and disgusts me your poem prestenting the anger and almost vile betrayal that has occured here

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1422 Views
36 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 1, 2010
Last Updated on May 1, 2010
Tags: morality, righteousness, religion, Samaritan, self, sin

Author

Nameless
Nameless

About
I write and dream success. Perfecting till it can't be perfected any longer. more..

Writing
#1 #1

A Chapter by Nameless


#2 #2

A Chapter by Nameless



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fear Fear

A Poem by HorrorMaster


Stripped Away Stripped Away

A Poem by Jenna