More than Human

More than Human

A Poem by Nameless
"

This poem is based on the story of the good Samaritan in New York who died on Sunday, April 25, 2010. Rest in peace Hugo Alfredo Tale-Yax.

"

“Blood oozing from his body, this is the homeless man who more than 20 people ignored for nearly an hour as he lay on a New York street after saving a women from being mugged.”

“Some turn their heads to look, others stop to gawk. One even lifts his body, exposing what appears to be blood on the pavement underneath him, before walking away.”

“It wasn't until after he had been lying there for nearly an hour that emergency workers arrived, and by then he was dead.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

From the jungles of Africa

To the many cities in New York

Morality has been the highest virtue.

 

Our goal has failed.

 

Do you remember the times when men would laugh?

Do you remember the times when men would cry together?

Do you remember the times when hatred was a vice?

I sure do not.

 

Brotherly hatred,

Sexually-orientated,

Perverse liars,

Unsealed gossip,

Greedy b******s,

Willful ignorance,

Is what our standard is today.

 

Self-denial,

Self-traditions,

Self-goals,

Have only created a perverse people.

A people running with the thought of self.

 

Pride now is,

Humility is the dump.

Righteousness is mocked on the ground.

 

A Samaritan is found in the dust

Righteousness by the Word of God.

All possible by the prayer of faith.

 

You don’t have to listen what I just said,

But you’ll be the ignorant bystanderd passing the Samaritan.

 

© 2010 Nameless


Author's Note

Nameless
True faith stems from the Word of God. (Romans 3:16- "So than faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.") Please share this writing of mine.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can't believe people would walk by a another human being. I been to New York once. No-one said a hello or a goodbye. World is going crazy. I was raised by wise people. My grandfather would go shopping. I was driving. He would make me stop when he saw a poor man or woman begging for food and money. He would take some food to the poor person with a great smile. Give them the food and leave them with a meal and a smile. World need more kind and good people. I will stay in Detroit. A powerful poem with a great purpose.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very true words; harsh and immoral, but truth nonetheless. Well-written and a great articulation of your emotions. Nice work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It is deep and profound to read this. I love it even though instances like this where someone died a death that they did not deserve for trying to help another break my heart continually. We live in such a cruel twisted world where people walk by a man in obvious need of help when all he tried to do was help another. And you are right in what you say.. I say the poem is well written and as said before I love it even though this inspiration came from a tragedy.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It's a real shame about that poor bloke. RIP to the fella.

These pieces really aren't aimed at me, the Christians killed my people off in the thousands ffs lol, but it has a good message to it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I read this last week. So sad. People taking pics with cell phones of this good Samaritan!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very deep and very so true. Good write. I will share this write and hope people do the same. Ethan

Posted 13 Years Ago



4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1422 Views
36 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 1, 2010
Last Updated on May 1, 2010
Tags: morality, righteousness, religion, Samaritan, self, sin

Author

Nameless
Nameless

About
I write and dream success. Perfecting till it can't be perfected any longer. more..

Writing
#1 #1

A Chapter by Nameless


#2 #2

A Chapter by Nameless



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Goal My Goal

A Chapter by Ethan Paz


Still Still

A Poem by rachielle